TV headend - Live TV Channels missing

Julian Varney

Julian Varney

Hi,

I'm running a TVHeadend server on RPi. I can access all of my scanned channels via Kodi, but when I try with Emby (via the Emby web app, or Emby Android app) I can only see a tiny selection of the available channels.

I updated the Emby server to the latest Beta, thinking that this might solve the problem, but to no avail. I've restarted the Emby server a couple of times, and refreshed the TV guide also. But the same few channels show up.

Any ideas?

55e0494147998_Capture.png

55e0494f6d9f7_Capture2.png

Are there settings in the TV Headend plug-in to limit the channels to favorites or something?

Julian Varney

Nope. Nothing of the sort. And it's all showing up just fine in Kodi.

Actually since I updated to the latest Beta, none of the channels show up at all!

Got me flummoxed really.

Julian Varney

OK, It seems to have something to do with the username/password section of the TVHClient settings.

I use the default access entry on the TVHeadend server. This has no username/password (although it shows up in the TVHeadend settings as */*). At some point I played around with having a secured access profile, and saved this username/password profile in the TVHClient.

Despite deleting & saving (blank entries), the TVHClient seems to retain the username/password. I can regain a limited channel listing if I re-enable this access entry.

Where is the username/password combination saved in Emby? I presume if I delete this then my problem may go away.

Cheers

Vidman

Ensure all channels have a channel num in tvheadend. ...the emby plugin only imports channels with a channel number assigned

Julian Varney

Thanks, that worked beautifully. Simples.

Still prefer not to have a separate access entry, but if that's what it takes to get it to work then I'll live with it.

Cheers.

Plug-in configuration files are in \plugins\configurations under the server folder.  You could probably find the file and edit the user/pw if the plug-in isn't giving you a way to clear it out properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there settings in the TV Headend plug-in to limit the channels to favorites or something?

The plugin used only channes which has a channel-number and one of the following tags assigned: "HDTV", "SDTV" and "Radio". 

-- Tolotos

• 3 years later...
planetwilson

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am still struggling to get channels to show? Is there a log I can see? as far as I can tell, I've got the tags against the channels and I have numbers too.

5c4b13d92d270_Untitledpicture.png

Edited by planetwilson

planetwilson

Okay I wondered if plex was interfering as now I turned it off, I can now see channels. I am running emby in a docker container under unRAID along with Plex whilst I evaluate them against each other.

If you're mainly comparing DVR functions between the two you can stop.  Emby hands down wins. :)

In Plex you can't even grant Live TV access to any other person unless they are part of your "home" setup.  Even then only the ADMIN can setup or modify DVR recordings.  No other person in the house can record or setup series recordings. Not to mention Plex can only handle one tuner type at a time where Emby can mix OTA, Cable, Premium TV and IPTV together into one set of channels.

There really isn't much to compare when you start digging down into actual use of the two side by side.

planetwilson

No it was more I am fed up with Plex but have bought lifetime membership. However I recently moved from a macbook + ipad to a Dell XPS 13 touch screen as it is fine for my needs but found Plex won't support syncing properly and haven't touched their Win 10 store app in years. I travel a fair bit so value having the sync capability.

So looking into whether to switch to lifetime emby instead. In addition, I am looking to replace my terrestrial TV via an aerial with a TVHeadEnd solution instead (tv positioning, bad cabling and unhappy wife scenario). Overall Emby is looking pretty good I have to say.

• Like 1