Sever Won't Install Windows 10 Pro

airic499

airic499

Hello all,

Newbie here although a lot of experience with Plex and XBMC/Kodi.  I thought I would give emby a try, but when I went to install it on a Windows 10 Pro box, well essentially nothing happened.  I see a quick window that says launching application with a newtwork icon that vanishes.  I see no running programs, apps or processes that are tagged emby or anything that looks like a media server.

Figuring maybe I just needed to hit the webpage to start things I tried that, but all I see is "unable to connect".  Tried both IE and Firefox so assume it isn't a browser issue just nothing installed.

I have tried running the install as admin and under Windows 7 compatibility with no joy.  Any suggestions here? 

Thanks in advance!

Longrifle

I just installed on Windows 10 with no issues....

go to emby.media and download the windows version again and give it another try.

airic499

Thanks, I've tried re-downloading a couple of times already though.  Should I try the beta instead of stable maybe?  I see several folks here with Win 10 questions, so I assume it can't be a fundamental incompatibility.  Wish I could provide more details, but it doesn't get far enough into the install to say what is happening.  The launching application screen is literally a fraction of a second. 

I'll try again and see what happens with the beta.

Ok the beta got one screen further then crapped out.  Got to a "allow this app to make changes..."  Said yes then the window just closed.

One thing I think I noticed, it looks like it is trying do download some components maybe and that is getting squashed?  Usually I would expect a "blocked process..." or some sort of message.  Not seeing anything like that though, window just closes.

Edited by airic499

airic499

The bit I said about the download made me think.  I turned off BitDefender and windows firewall.  I had to run it a couple of times and keep turning virus or firewall off (no idea why they were still popping on, but....), but finally got an Emby screen, that went away, then a downloading screen that went away, then after third time I restarted the install it completed.

So not sure which, but it looks like something in either BitDefender or Windows Firewall with the download was blocking.  I've turned them back on and so far everything seems fine.  Just got the standard Windows firewall allow exception query.

• Like 1