Can't set up Schedules Direct

tornadotj

tornadotj

I do have an active Schedules Direct account. I can log into the Schedules Direct website and see my guides and that my account is current.

I enter my username and password in Emby server, and it saves. I enter United States and my Zipcode, and I get an alert saying "there was an error downloading schedules"

I have tried multiple times, and no go. Any ideas?

tornadotj

Server version 3.0.5717.1899

Client is N/A to this problem.

Alert: There was an error downloading tv lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again.

embylog.txt

Edited by tornadotj

ThePaladinTech

thought id post my solution... the Emby setup doesn't like edge, or modern ie.

I ran setup in ie no problems.

To be clear, it appears Emby works fine in edge. It just setting up schedules ... when you go to pick your lineup there is nothing there.

Liking what I am seeing!

Edited by ThePaladinTech

tornadotj

I am using IE 11 on Windows 7. I tried it again this morning, still no-go.

Edited by tornadotj

tornadotj

OK, I found an interesting thing today. Before, my login name was the same one I use for everything else. In fact, I was logged in with that username yesterday. Then today, I could not log back into SD's website. I noticed my username has changed to my email address. So, I corrected that in Emby, and am still not able to download the guide, so I'll send over my new SD username in a PM so you can look at those logs.

tornadotj

OK, it is all working now. I found that it is a matter of patience. Add your username and password, then SAVE (nothing will work until you hit the first save button). Then, give it time to work things out, come back and then you can add the guide. At first it is going to show blank in the list, so just click outside of the list box. Then, you'll notice it has populated with one of the guides, and you can now change it. If you have to add a second one, like I do, do this again after a few minutes or it won't work, it seems it's unable to add the second guide while Emby is processing the first guide.

fantaxp7

OK, it is all working now. I found that it is a matter of patience. Add your username and password, then SAVE (nothing will work until you hit the first save button). Then, give it time to work things out, come back and then you can add the guide. At first it is going to show blank in the list, so just click outside of the list box. Then, you'll notice it has populated with one of the guides, and you can now change it. If you have to add a second one, like I do, do this again after a few minutes or it won't work, it seems it's unable to add the second guide while Emby is processing the first guide.

I've entered my username and password two days ago and still I do not see a guide listing after entering country and zip. Also I verified my schedules direct login at their website.

Any ideas? 

I've entered my username and password two days ago and still I do not see a guide listing after entering country and zip. Also I verified my schedules direct login at their website.

Any ideas? 

Well, over the past couple of days SD was down or not returning all data so I would try again.

tornadotj

For me, I still have one issue, but haven't had time to work it. I have two HDHR units, a Prime and an Extend. So, I have to put in two guides, one for FiOS and one for antenna. Only the antenna feed is downloading. The SD representative in this thread has agreed to check my logs, but I haven't had any time to trigger more events to see what the issue is. I don't know if it is an SD issue or an Emby issue at this point.

fantaxp7

Well, over the past couple of days SD was down or not returning all data so I would try again.

Ok, I just hit save again at user login info. Is it normal to have to wait a bit for the second half of the setup to work (country,zip,line up)? 

rkulagow

Also, if the issue is with Schedules Direct, please send me a PM with your Schedules Direct username so that I can turn on debugging for your account server-side.

• 3 weeks later...
fantaxp7

Just to update, I noticed that I am getting guide listings even though I still cannot get a list of local line ups within the setup. 

archangelz

Having the same issue with my account on schedules direct. Can't get a new lineup added after removing my account from Emby because of a channel listing JSON issue. 

• 4 months later...
haeffnkr

"There was an error downloading tv lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again."

I am also having this issue also..... I have waited and tried and waited and tried.

Please suggest a fix.

thanks haeffnkr

And then I go over to SD and get this - 

In which this error is coming from emby and I did not login unsuccessfully..... 

You have made too many unsuccessful login attempts.

Please try again in 1 minute.

Forgot your password? Click here

Hi,

I would try changing your schedules direct password, then go back to emby and re-enter the password there.