finding a replacement remote for roku streaming stick

spiderbird

spiderbird

i have lost the remote for my roku streaming stick (I suspect my grandson may have posted it into the bin!) I am having a great dealof trouble finding a replacement. Roku themselves say they do not offer one, (They do not say why,) They recommend looking on online sites, eg amazon and ebay. I can find none on amazon,co,uk; the ones on ebay all seem to come from the united states (I am in England), and either cost alot in postage, or are unreasonably expensive (some of them more expensive than buying a replacement for stick and remote together!) - or both.

I find it surprising the Roku do not seem to know which retailers sell their products; and also that they are so unhelpful inthe matter of supplying replacement parts.

i would be grateful for any advice I imagine there must be others who have lost remotes.

CBers

It might be easier to buy a cheap Android device and install the app than it is to find a replacement remote ;)

Koleckai Silvestri

You can find replacement Roku remotes on Amazon. They start at $10.00. Unfortunately those explicitly for the stick cost almost as much as a new stick and remote. We just use the Apps these days. They work better than the remotes anyway.

http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=roku+remote

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

The problem is, the remote is special to the streaming stick. Any old roku remote wont work, it has to be specific to the streaming stick. There are two models of it: the hdmi and the mhl. Assuming its hdmi, aka the 3500r, its cheaper to buy an entire complete refurb unit, than to pay what people want for the remote alone.

On ebay 39.99 just the remote for the 3500r == ripoff

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815328014&cm_re=3500r_roku-_-15-328-014-_-Product

This one is 29.95 for the entire streaming stick + remote control.

This is the only choice because supply of the replacement remotes is bought up, apparantly by ebay scalpers creating ridiculous price points for them. I doubt roku reissues another run for the 3500r of remote controls anytime soon. You can sometimes find the remotes at goodwill/thirft/salvation-army type stores too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

spiderbird

Thanks for all the replies.

media cowboy: I have. It says" out of stock"

speechles: you confirm my fears

• 8 months later...
jaybroni

If anybody else is looking for a solution, another option is to use/buy a universal remote that  can control the Roku Streaming Stick. These might be cheaper on the used marketplace than the official replacement. Just make sure they support the wireless technology the Roku Streaming Stick does! I know the Harmony One with Harmony Hub will work. So maybe you have a regular harmony remote and just need to pick up the Hub. There are likely other options out there too!

Good luck,

Jay