DVD with muliple discs

Palan

I just started using Emby and Kodi, and most of it works great.

My main problem is I have some movies in Emby spanning multiple discs. The first disc plays fine in Kodi but not the second.

Is there any way to view the second disc, the same way as if they were added natively in Kodi?

cw-kid

Just checked this out myself and there does seem to be an issue. 

I have the God Father collection on DVD VIDEO_TS rips. Looking on my OpenElec HTPC that is still connected to MYSQL when I go in to the God Father collection I see four titles, two for The God Father Part II - Disc 1 and Disc 2.

However when I use the Kodi PC with the Emby add-on and look in the God Father collection, I only see three titles. One instance for The God Father Part II, If I play this its the first disc. The second disc is missing. 

Thanks

Angelblue05

Additional parts are added as playlist at the moment. They should automatically play one after the other.

Can you take a screenshot @@cw-kid? Is the second disc appear in your webclient?

But will a playlist work with discs? Since they return to the dvd menu the playback would never know to go to the next disc.

cw-kid

Additional parts are added as playlist at the moment. They should automatically play one after the other.

Can you take a screenshot @@cw-kid? Is the second disc appear in your webclient?

Looking in the Emby web GUI I can only see three titles and one for The God Father Part II. 

I will play it in Kodi and see if the second disc is played when the first disc finishes? 

Thanks

55dd97c870a4c_TheGodFather1.png

• Like 1

Angelblue05

If the second part is found under additional parts in Emby, then it should play in Kodi automatically

cw-kid

If the second part is found under additional parts in Emby, then it should play in Kodi automatically

How do you mean? Any way to check that in the software?

I will test playback for you later and see.

Cheers

Angelblue05

I think if you open the entry in the webclient, it will show you if it's multiple parts instead of playing the title.

cw-kid

OK so I played The God Father Part II in Kodi and skipped up to the end and then let it finish. The film says insert Disc 2 and then it just goes back to the DVD title menu. I then selected play again and it just started playing the first disc again, so does not automatically play disc 2.

Also when they are talking in Italian the subtitles are not in English but some other language. 

Looking in the Web GUI it does show an Additional Part however.

55dda056bcbd1_TheGodFather4.png

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, well I found something that might work. I'll put it together later today and have you guys try it later. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try to use stack:// instead of a playlist.

• Like 1

cw-kid

Thanks @@Angelblue05

Any idea why the subtitles for the Italian speaking parts were not defaulting to be in English? 

If I play the movie in native Kodi / MYSQL its the same the subtitles are not in English either but in Dutch 1 of 8. I can go to the OSD menu and change the subs from Dutch to English manually however.

Looking in the Kodi Video Settings - Playback - Preferred Audio Language is set to English

Also Video Settings - Subtitles - Preferred Subtitle Language is set to English.

Maybe its a Kodi thing with this particular Disc? 

cw-kid

Actually if I check the settings on the Kodi PC with the Emby add-on in Video Settings - Subtitles - Preferred Subtitle Language is set to Original Streams Language but its not showing English subtitles by default either. 

The English subtitles are 2 of 8 on the Disc.

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

I don't know how Kodi handles discs. I don't know how subtitles are selected. I still haven't discovered how Kodi handles default, forced subtitles. :)

I can't guarantee things will work the same as Kodi since we are only an add-on, but hopefully we will find a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

Don't worry about the subtitles then as native Kodi / MYSQL does the same thing and displays Dutch 1 of 8 subs by default rather than English 2 of 8 subs. 

Cheers

I know you're gonna hate me for this but all your problems would be solved in about 30 minutes if you ripped both discs to mkv and merged them.

• Like 1

cw-kid

I don't have loads of DVD rips but I do have some, Its good to keep some movie titles in DVD VIDEO_TS format for testing such as this, I also have a wide range of sample Video files in various formats / containers, which we used to test and Angelblue05 then fixed the media info flag icons being displayed on the movie title info pages in Kodi with the Emby add-on as a lot were initially incorrect. 

I don't have loads of DVD rips but I do have some, Its good to keep some movie titles in DVD VIDEO_TS format for testing such as this, I also have a wide range of sample Video files in various formats / containers, which we used to test and Angelblue05 then fixed the media info flag icons being displayed on the movie title info pages in Kodi with the Emby add-on as a lot were initially incorrect. 

Okay - then thanks for the efforts.

It should work if it is possible to use stacking instead of playlists. The different discs should then be accessible through the context menu in Kodi.

Ok, well I found something that might work. I'll put it together later today and have you guys try it later. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try to use stack:// instead of a playlist.

Did you ever do this?

• 1 month later...
Angelblue05

Sorry that it's taking so long. I'm working on it for many days trying to find a good solution without bad side effects from using stack. :( It is coming and I know it will solve the stacked dvd issue, however it's a nightmare with the playstate.

• Like 1