New Interim Release 3.4.3.350 (Win 8/8.1 fixes)

7illusions

gcoupe

In Release 352 I think @@7illusions came up with a nice solution. The hamburger has been replaced with a little emby icon in the upper left. That is always there unless you are in video playback mode. The hanger (I think) is what I call the app command menus are accessible via right click (and a least on my remote with the menu key,  hope a sign of more things to come) Not sure about the "hanger" because in some screens there is also a popup for commands at the bottom. ;)

Regardless seems to work for me. What are your thoughts.

My thoughts are that you guys seem to be seeing things that I am not.

There ain't no " little emby icon" in the upper left on my Emby client (and I am running 3.4.3.350).

I can get the client into a state where the mouse pointer disappears entirely except for a narrow band running along the top edge of the client. As I say, this UI does not seem ready for primetime. I'm sure it will get there, but not with this version.

gcoupe

OK, now I have 352 installed, and now I can see the icon. However, I still can't persuade the hamburger menu to appear by using touch. It actually seems less responsive than in earlier versions.

Even using the mouse, it seems very specific as to where I click. For example, after first starting up, I can't get the menu to appear by clicking in the centre of the Emby icon, or indeed anywhere on the icon. Only after I click on the very top edge of the screen, just past an imaginary line running upwards through the centre of the icon can I get the menu to appear. After that, the position of the left-click is less sensitive, and clicking anywhere on the icon will work.

And my mouse pointer is still disappearing.

Edited by gcoupe

Tolerant

Just went to the privacy policy, app minamized (from second monitor), web page showing policy displayed on main browser, when I restored app by clicking in taskbar my mouse is gone in my second window and I have to exit the app and restart to get my mouse back. Latest .352 version of the app.

Steven

Hi 7, just wanted to confirm the update fixed the app for me. Was lucky I checked on here as I assumed my RT was to blame and was about to wipe it! :)

• Like 1

techywarrior

I tested the new icon in the top left on my tablet and I couldn't get it to open using touch at all. It's extremely small and/or it doesn't work. I also feel like it's out of place over there. I'm not even 100% sure what the icon is supposed to do. My expectation was that it would open the settings menu. I thought at one time I saw tiny fullscreen/close icons appear but that may have been unrelated. Side note on those icons (however they are supposed to be activated) they are really hard to see in tiny green on the black background. Why are they needed at all since Windows has those available anyways? It seems like you are replacing the entire Win8.1/10 hanger menu but your version isn't nearly as useable. The hanger menu (the Win10 one, not the remote/home menu in the app that is activated the same way) now doesn't have the menu to open up the old charm menu. Is that a side effect of your changes? Unless you can disable the Win10 hanger completely you may want to leave the default functionality in there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
BadgerJim

Well here we go again,

Windows 8.1rt Surface Tablet  working 3.4.4.352 - FAILS TO LOAD AND / DROPS TO TASK BAR AND THATS ALL SHE WROTE.

Windows 8.1 Desktop 3.4.4.352

I need to term off Auto Update for apps. Version 3.4.3.352 was working like a champ on my Surface 2 and Surface now this again. Please fix fast again guys, Love this app...