Can't Disable Subtitles in Kodi

Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope

In the Emby Server Settings I have it set to "Default" which makes the most logical sense - "display subtitles only when not in the English language." In Kodi, the check box for "Display Subtitles" is unchecked and the subtitle setting is English (it was the closes to "Default" I could find) but upon the start of any film or TV show, Kodi displays subtitles. 

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere? Or is there an XML/INI/File Extension Here I can edit to resolve this?

I am running Kodi 15.1 with the Dev version of MediaBrowser/Emby on Windows 10 Pro but this issue has been going on since Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center days.

Angelblue05

Can you validate for me, you say Display subtitles is unchecked, are you talking about this setting:

55da7fe70871d_screenshot023.png

If not, you need to start playing a video or tv show, then on the menu (osd) you'll find video settings and it will open the same box. Disable subtitles and you should be good to go.

Guardian Hope

Can you validate for me, you say Display subtitles is unchecked, are you talking about this setting:

If not, you need to start playing a video or tv show, then on the menu (osd) you'll find video settings and it will open the same box. Disable subtitles and you should be good to go.

Yea disable as angelblue05s describes and then select "set as default for all videos"

Well, my OSD will likely be a little different as I use a different theme but I was able to resolve the issue ironically by trying to toggle it again from Kodi's settings which was something I tried many times before.

Makes me wonder what made it stick this time. I will check the OSD the next time I use Kodi however.

• Like 1

Guardian Hope

Yea disable as angelblue05s describes and then select "set as default for all videos"

My OSD looked exactly as depicted but it was still displaying subtitles.

I had to tell it to "Set as default for all Videos" in order to get it to apply however.

• Like 1