Question about artwork

ayeroff

ayeroff

I'm a long time Kodi user, but am brand new to Emby.  I currently have a single Kodi HTPC, but plan to deploy Kodi devices on the other TVs in my home using the Emby add-on.  So I've been researching how to set up the Emby server, and then the emby kodi clients.  My question concerns artwork:

I have hundreds of movies and tv shows on my HTPC.  Over the years, I've chosen all the artwork (fanart, posters, logos, etc, etc, etc) that I want displayed for every movie and tv show.  In reading about the setup of Emby server, I see that it will automatically download and save artwork.  Is it possible to keep all of my current artwork exactly as I have it,?  I put more man-hours than I care to remember into getting my artwork to display just the way I like in Kodi, so I don't want to mess that up by deploying Emby.  I suppose it would also be nice and convenient to then set Emby to only download artwork for new movies that I add later, but again, I just don't want to mess up what I already have.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Angelblue05

Is your chosen artwork contained within your media folders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

ayeroff

Is your chosen artwork contained within your media folders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each movie and its associated artwork is in a separate folder.  My naming convention is a folder with title (year) of the movie, inside the movie named title (year), and then the artwork named "poster" "fanart" "logo" etc, etc, etc.  Each TV show is similarly named.

ayeroff

this is more a server question, if you ask this in the server forum I think you might get more people answering.

Will do.  Thanks!