Need help setting up Live TV

NANO SHELL

NANO SHELL

Hi, 

I just updated to the new server update (v3.0.5713.0) and I am trying to set up Live TV. When trying to set it up it asks for either HD HomeRun or M3U. I am a bit of a noob at this but I am not using HD HomeRun and I am unsure what M3U is. I am currently using a Kaiser Baas Digital Radio TVStick. I am unsure how to set this up to work with Emby Live TV.

Any instructions or a nod to an article with the instructions would be much appreciated. 

Also I notice that the 'Upcoming' TV episodes tab still only shows particular shows and not others. Is this something that's going to take a bit to correct on my side due to meta files? (Like the actors issue recently)

At this time, those are the only tuner options that are supported by the built-in option.

The other Live TV services should still work, however.

abstract

Emby continues to get better and better!!

Ebr - are you able to indicate whether the intention is to add wider tuner support?

With Windows 10  I suspect many like me are planning our futures without WMC and this addition of LiveTV might just be the solution we're all seeking, but if not it looks like some (horrid) option of XMBC or forks of that project might have to string-and-tape a half-solution together... or just go back to standard TV with in-built tuners.

Absolutely love MB/Emby, but without the WMC Frontend -or- having TV built-in, we need the family-friendly, always-on, no switching apps, 6ft experience... so... desperately seeking and hoping!!

Regardless EMBY is doing GREAT - thank you to all the team. Just interested in what the future for liveTV/PVR looks set to be :-)

Bert-KS

I hope once Emby Theatre has been renewed and released (cannot wait for next month!!!) it will have Live TV functionality as well. I'm not expecting it straight away but would love to see the integration later down the track. At the moment I'm using the NPVR plugin for the server which works just fine here in Australia. The newly released Live TV integration in Emby server does not work for me due to to the missing hardware support and lack of channel/EPG support at the moment.

Until ET is out and working I'm stuck with Win7 though... which is quite OK for a HTPC.

kugumby

I know the original question in this thread was answered, but since my topic would've been exactly the same, I figured I'd put it here.

I'm trying to setup my HDHomeRun HDHR-US (Dual Tuner) on the Emby Beta Version 3.0.5713.2 but am running into a problem as well. I go to Live TV, Click Add under the Tuner Devices and select HDHomeRun. On the HD HomeRun setup screen, I add the IP address of my unit, but when I click save, I get the following error:

Alert

There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again.

I've installed the drivers from the Silicondust site and have updated the firmware. It works fine in the HDHomeRun VIEW program and also works in WMC.  Is my tuner an as yet unsupported model or am I doing something incorrectly? I've verified that the IP address I'm using is correct by logging into my router and finding the unit. I've restarted the computer and the HDHomeRun with no change. I've also never setup Live TV prior to this, so there are no apps that were previously installed.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Edited by kugumby

I know the original question in this thread was answered, but since my topic would've been exactly the same, I figured I'd put it here.

I'm trying to setup my HDHomeRun HDHR-US (Dual Tuner) on the Emby Beta Version 3.0.5713.2 but am running into a problem as well. I go to Live TV, Click Add under the Tuner Devices and select HDHomeRun. On the HD HomeRun setup screen, I add the IP address of my unit, but when I click save, I get the following error:

Alert
There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again.

I've installed the drivers from the Silicondust site and have updated the firmware. It works fine in the HDHomeRun VIEW program and also works in WMC.  Is my tuner an as yet unsupported model or am I doing something incorrectly? I've verified that the IP address I'm using is correct by logging into my router and finding the unit. I've also restarted the computer and the HDHomeRun with no change.

Thanks in advance for any help.

That model doesn't have the required Dlna feature that the others do. You can still use it though by clicking Add -> Other, and choose from one of the external live tv providers that supports it. I'm guessing they all do.