Version 3.0.5713.0 Schedules Direct and external PVR

Damstas

Damstas

I couldn't get the Schedules Direct work with an external PVR. I have no use for former EmbyTV, because it doesn't support copy-protected content in Europe. I thought that now that there is Schedules Direct service in the core, that it would with with external PVRs aswell. Would solve so many issues if these services would work together.

Edited by Damstas

You mean the live tv plugins? it will require work from the plugin developer of the one you're using. So if you can convince them to do it, then I'll see about it.

Damstas

Ok. Thanks for the answer. Could there be an toggle then to switch between Schedules Direct (Emby) and other EPG providers from the backend? So that I can switch if I want for example the EPG data from NPVR rather than Embys Schedules Direct? Currently that are some things that NPVR does, which Emby doesn't: TheTVDB image fetch + bypass of the age restrictions when looking for the artwork.

EDIT: I assume Emby is not going to support PCIe tuners nor Phoenix card readers for encrypted content without plugins?

Edited by Damstas