Movies not displaying/showing

kuebs

muranoone

I have the same issue with disappearing movies from MBC local client.

3 paths are setup to create Movies  ..

Movies(local disc e: shared) works 100% available = 960 movies mixed MP4 AVI MKV files

Movies(local disc e: dvd rips share) 100%available = 39 ISO`s Blu-ray and DVD mix

Movies(network router\\ f: discs\Movies shared on a USB) disappears randomly 32 Movies total mixed MP4 AVI MKV files

(network path is visible and playable through all clients IOS IE Chrome 100% ,except MBC local client) 

If I reboot sometimes they show up sometimes not its very random how they appear and reappear.

I never had an issue until I built this system

i7 Haswell

intel 4600 graphics

8 gb corsair

asrock extreme6

win8 pro wmc

Edited by muranoone

muranoone

its strange... I have another folder setup on the same drive same network named Home Videos. They are available 100% of the time from all clients.

the difference is only one folder and they contain 33 AVCHD video files and 1 Quicktime file, they are not in folders.  

muranoone

so I just shortened the name of a movie and did a library scan .. the pop-up in MBC showed me that I just added a new movie.  But will not display any movies in that drives folder.. hmmmm 

muranoone

redid the setup and changed type to Mixed Content from Movies type.. and they showed right up. lets see if they hang around for a while.

muranoone

so far so good ...everything looks good all movies are there even after drive enters sleep.. MBC still shows the movies!

muranoone

So the movies don't disappear anymore but now whenever I add and thing the server needs to be restarted in order to recognize the new files. Metadata is being grabbed no problem as soon as I add them. The drive is not sleeping either it's awake and spinning real time monitoring is active.