Emby Verison of Plex Requests

fredg89

drashna

The requests app can be thought of as just a communication channel between users and administrator. To my knowledge it is not facilitating any illegal downloading.

Yup, exactly.  

And the added communication between apps makes management easier.  Automation is fantastic.

No one said emby should download content automatically...   They don't even want the "wish list" feature to be built into emby... Because, some how, it suggests pirating...   If my emby users suggest I add a specific movie to emby, someone is assumed that i will go out and download it...  But of course I will go out and buy it and rip it...

That's the point, We're not asking for it to be built in. A stand alone app would be fantastic, actually.

If one of the developers wanted to build something for that, separately, fantastic! I'll buy another lifetime license just because. 

However, I'm not expecting that, at all.   The developer of Plex Request has stated (maybe not publicly, but I did email him) that the "Plex" part is for authentication (and isn't even required).  It would be a simple matter of re-writing to code to use Emby instead. 

The problem is, I'm not a developer, and I suck at coding.  If somebody posted and linked a bounty for this, I'd definitely contribute.  

But WAIT......  That is pirating too...   Its illegal in the US to rip any DVD's even if I own them.. Hum...  So exactly how do I get a movie into emby legally???   Short answer is, you don't.   So what is emby used for if not movies?     lol this is a topic that can turn into a big argument...   I better stop...    :D

Umm, stubs. Obviously. 

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Media%20stubs

Also, just beacuse it's illegal for YOU to do doesn't mean that it's illegal for ME.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Ombi (Former PlexRequestNet) dev have shown interest in supporting Emby - If you are interested i would recommend voting for the feature request at this link:) 

Edited by Waseh
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
CBers

The Ombi (Former PlexRequestNet) dev have shown interest in supporting Emby - If you are interested i would recommend voting for the feature request at this link:) 

Added my +1 to it :)

tidusjar

Hey guys!

Ombi dev here! 

So yeah, i'm going to start looking at doing this, it's going to take quite a bit of time since Ombi currently heavily relies on Plex, so I need to start decoupling them.

If you don't know what Ombi is, it used to be called Plex Requests.Net before Plex gave me a Trademark infringement letter.

Once I have the majority of the functionality in, if anyone would be helpful to help me test it that would be excellent (since you guys know Emby better than me!).

• Like 5

CBers

Once I have the majority of the functionality in, if anyone would be helpful to help me test it that would be excellent (since you guys know Emby better than me!).

Nice to have you here @@tidusjar, I've been following your conversations on the Radarr channel over at DISCORD.

Whenever you're ready for testing, let me know :)

tidusjar

No problem @@CBers

Just getting my head around the API currently, it's all based around users being able to see the correct things right?

So If I want to see everything in the server (movies and shows) I have to use the administrators account id and go from there?

Where is the best place to discuss the API? This forum under the API section?

CBers

No problem @@CBers !

Just getting my head around the API currently, it's all based around users being able to see the correct things right?

So If I want to see everything in the server (movies and shows) I have to use the administrators account id and go from there?

Where is the best place to discuss the API? This forum under the API section?

Probably the API section, so that the main devs for Emby (@@Luke and @ebr) can assist.

• Like 1