No Full Screen Video With Emby App on Fire TV Stick

corylorentz

corylorentz

Hey Emby Community - I'm new to the server and the app, so maybe there is something I am missing... When I play files on my laptop, iphone or ipad via the web app (http://app.emby.media/index.html), the videos all play in full screen, either letterbox or 4:3 depending on the movie. I purchased a Fire TV Stick the other day and downloaded and paid for the Emby app. Everything works really well, the navigation screen and movie detail screen both show up full screen, where the entire TV screen is covered. Once I select Play from the movie detail screen, the movie begins to play, but there is a border all the way around the movie. The overlays, such as the movie title, menu options and info are still displayed in full screen, but the movie itself is framed in the middle of the screen. Changing the aspect ratio on the TV itself is a temporary fix, but once back in the menu or movie library, everything is cut off. 

Is there a setting on the server side I am missing? Is there something with the VLC player within the app that needs to be tweaked? All of my files are VOB files by the way. Hope you guys can help.

Thanks,

Cory

corylorentz

No. I've tried both new and old DVD rips and the behavior is the same. these files play great on my PC running Kodi and on the web browser... the Fire TV Stick... not so much. Any other options here?

Not sure as I haven't seen this reported before.  It is surely related to the content somehow.  These are actually DVD folder rips (video_ts folders)?

Try both video player options (VLC and internal) and see if there is any difference there.

corylorentz

Yes, these are actual DVD folder rips (Video_TS Folders). I'll try the internal player to see if that makes a difference at all and get back to you...