Metadata images not saved in movie folder

dml33

Hi.

I am just only a week with Ember and I have lots of questions... Let's make one:

I have the "save metadata and images into the media folder" and "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" options checked.

Sometimes, landscape, poster and logo images are not saved into the movie folders.

For example, if the server does not have internet connection during the library scan or it is aborted somehow (restart/shutdown the server), some of the images are not downloaded. Then, when there is again internet connection or a library scan is forced, the missing images are downloaded. They can be correctly seen in the Metadata Manager and in the Movies Library, but, however, they are not saved into the movie folder, whatever I do afterwards.

In order to make them be saved, I have to delete the whole library, restart the server, add again the media folders, let them be scanned without any interruption and, then, everything is correctly saved in their place.

Is there any possibility to force these images to be saved into the movie folders without having to delete the whole library and start the library scan from zero?

Thanks!

You can use the Refresh and/or the Advance Refresh option on the parent folder. Usually that works for me, but I have seen some posts suggesting there are a few times it doesn't go through all the folders. Barring that, you can individually refresh the movies, but that could be rather time consuming.

You can also go to Scheduled Tasks and start the Library Scan process manually.

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I do all those things, refreshing the whole "Movies" in the Media Manager o the movie itself or via the Library Scan task, but, even the images are correctly downloaded and they, in fact, exist in the Media Manager, they are not saved in the movie folder. The only way to make them be stored is to start the whole process from zero, deleting the whole library...

Maybe it is a bug, or it is not considered to check that all the images are actually saved in the media folder when a movie is refreshed...

FrostByte

Have you tried doing an advanced refresh and choose "replace existing images".  A normal refresh will not replace images if it sees they are already saved in the old location