Folders end up empty

Bert

I am new to Kodi and have been trying to set it up on multiple computers.  I followed the instructions perfectly and had it setup and working, even started making my other users.  Now when I go to the folders, movies for example, the folders are empty.  I set to show the scan in Kodi and can see it scans tons of movies.  The music works as expected but any of the video folders are empty.  Not even sure where to begin as I have tried resetting it up and it does nothing.  I guess maybe I am missing the obvious or something but the only thing I can think of is maybe I am not setting it up right.  After using the Kodi Emby addon, do I also need to add the folder path to the library or something?  Any thoughts on where I should begin?  Many hours spent with this and getting frustrated.

Edit:  Actually, the music isn't working either.

Edited by Bert

Angelblue05

@@Bert

You need not to do anything. Emby for Kodi takes care of everything. 

If you launch the Emby for Kodi add-on (you can launch via Video add-ons menu, or settings > add-ons > enabled add-ons/my add-ons > Video add-ons > Emby > Launch), it should show your Emby userviews. Go into one and do you see content? Let us know.

No, no content.  The weird thing is I have it setup on a different computer and it works fine.  I am stumped.  Also, of note, it does show the folders.  I have teamviewer on all my computers if that helps you.

Edited by Bert

Angelblue05

Ok... very strange, and you've tried to reset resync your library via launching the Emby for Kodi add-on and resetting the library (near the bottom)? The only thing I can think of is if you did add a source then removed it and that corrupted the database.

Alright, well, on my MAIN computer which is basically my server, I have myself setup correctly and everything seems to work.  What you're saying is possible as when I originally set it up, I didn't know what I was doing and didn't setup the Emby Kobi Client.  I may have gone in and deleted my paths.  What would you suggest I do to "transfer" all the settings to the other computers?  Is this even possible?

The ultimate goal is to have four users (the other users will have less access than me) and set it up on four machines.  If I can get it setup correctly it would be a nice replacement for WMC on everything except the server.  So assuming the things can be transferred, do I setup the other users and delete the folders they don't need, then try to transfer it all at once?

Edited by Bert

Angelblue05

Ok, well for the one that's not showing content, simply reset your library via launching Emby add-on. Then when you start Kodi, it should start scanning in your library again and the content should appear once more.

The way it works is each profile you create in Kodi will create a new database associated for that profile. So you will need to let Emby for Kodi scan in each emby users library for every Kodi profile you created. Are your four machines similar, where you want all the same users on each? If so, you might be able to take a shortcut, by copying the userdata folder inside the %appdata%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata over to all your devices. Otherwise you'll have to rinse and repeat the scan process on each device.

Hope this clarifies.

Yes, ideally......hot wife and two kids.  Three Win10 laptops, one Win10 desktop HTPC,   Ideally, I'd like them to work on our off my LAN (well not the desktop).

Yeah... I have no idea what she sees in me..... Anyway I ended up getting it all sorted... Not sure how it got buggered but the nuclear option is sometimes the easiest. Copying the user file helped but still had to install add-ons for each user and time consuming. Two computers are done and I am going to test to see what I'm really gaining by stepping out on EMBY. Oh and off network seems like a giant can of worms I'm not fighting right now.

Edited by Bert
  • Like 1