File Folder Views In Kodi Skins

bnwbass

bnwbass

I am trying out the Kodi interface with Emby add on with sync plugin and noticed that the Kodi skins shows all of my parent and subfolder in the same Place grouped together in the "Movies" tab.

My directories in MB server are setup  E:\Blue-Ray Movies, E:\DVD Movies. How do get these locations to display in Kodi as separate folder within the "Movies" view?

Thx

Bw

bnwbass

They show as separate folders in MBT and on Roku channel.  I'm using Kodi Aeon MQ5 skin, and under the "Movies tab it's listing all movie files together irrespective of how the folders are setup in the Emby server Library which is   E:\Blue-Ray Movies, E:\DVD Movies.  However, if I navigate down to the "files" sub-tab under the movies tab I can see the folders listed as they should be.   So I must be missing an option in the kodi skin to show these on the interface as individual collections if you will.  Or maybe Kodi doesn't allow for this kind of folder structure. Thanks for any advise. 

bw

Angelblue05

Honestly using Aeon MQ5 is probably one of the most complex skin out there. Really not the best skin to be learning Kodi with, because it offers such a large amount of customization.

Anyway, It's very simple for your menu items. You have all of your emby user views under the Emby for Kodi add-on(video add-on). So in settings > appearance > skin settings > Main menu (I think) > Customize main menu items. Then you create your shortcuts and  define the action for the menu item you are creating. Point it to add-ons > video add-ons > Emby > Select your Emby userview and give it a label name. It is the same for submenus.

Now, I might not have the proper terms, so you might look around a bit, but anything related to how things are displayed or how your interface looks, except the type of view you want to use for each menu item you add, will usually be found in the skin settings. To change the actual view display (banners view, posters view, etc), is done by entering the menu item you want to change, then usually pressing left will open a side menu and you can then select which view you want to use. They are saved on individual basis, meaning you can have a different view for each Emby sections you have created if you wish.

This should get you started.

Edited by Angelblue05

Vidman

They show as separate folders in MBT and on Roku channel. I'm using Kodi Aeon MQ5 skin, and under the "Movies tab it's listing all movie files together irrespective of how the folders are setup in the Emby server Library which is E:\Blue-Ray Movies, E:\DVD Movies. However, if I navigate down to the "files" sub-tab under the movies tab I can see the folders listed as they should be. So I must be missing an option in the kodi skin to show these on the interface as individual collections if you will. Or maybe Kodi doesn't allow for this kind of folder structure. Thanks for any advise.

bw

You could start by actually answering my question instead of just repeating your first post;) Edited by Vidman

bnwbass

You could start by actually answering my question instead of just repeating your first post;)

Sorry about that,,,YES they show correctly in the web client , under  "Media" I have both Blu-Ray and DVD Movie folders showing

Thx

bw

xnappo

As AngelBlue05 said - you can modify it in MQ5 or any skin other than Confluence to have separate sections, but each skin is a little different in how.

Vidman

Yes if they show up separately in the web client then the emby for kodi addon will have the nodes available to you to use in the skin settings to show each folder separately

Edited by Vidman

bnwbass

Thanks for all the responses, after using the MB3 themes for years understanding the  all of the Kodi skins customization options has a definite leaning curve. I am really looking for something like the old Breeze theme from MBC3. 

I like the option where the disc rotates out of the case, does any of the Kodi skins have that?  I think I have every skin from the Kodi repository but I could spend many hours going through all of the options to find what I'm looking for but I think that's what I need to do. 

thx

Bw

bnwbass

Thanks Xnappo,  do you happened to know if Aeon Nox 5 has disc animation for Isengard   15.1, if so I cant find the option in the configuration settings, maybe I,m not looking in the right place in the skin settings.

I check the skin comparison chart but I don't think its completely updated?

thx

bw      

Vidman

Thanks Xnappo, do you happened to know if Aeon Nox 5 has disc animation for Isengard 15.1, if so I cant find the option in the configuration settings, maybe I,m not looking in the right place in the skin settings.

I check the skin comparison chart but I don't think its completely updated?

thx

bw

Titan also has some disc animation

Glyde62

Only problem with the disc animation in Titan is when you have it turned on tv series have it also, But it's just a blank disc

Don't seem to be able to have it only for movies

dmediapc

I am using Amber Skin and I am still not able to figure out how to configure folder view. I am getting the folder view in MBT and web client but not in Kodi.

Can anyone provide instructions on how to do it.

Angelblue05

Usually, you want to go to settings > appearance > skin settings and find the menu that allows you to add shortcuts to your home menu. Then if it allows it, you can point the menu item to video add-ons > emby > userview of your choice. Otherwise you can create what will become your menu item as a smart playlist. So in videos > playlist > smart playlist, filter by tags to get your userview and you can combine with other filter rules if you want. Then point the menu item to the playlist you just created.