New User Compilation DVD question

ursusltd

ursusltd

Hi,

I have recently started using Emby and seem to have figured out pretty much most of it but I have one issue that I would like some help with please.

I have several DVD's such as this one;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Look-At-Life-Swinging-London/dp/B000E6UMFS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1439989901&sr=8-4&keywords=look+at+life

This is a disc of sixteen short ten minute films. My problem is getting it to display in Emby as one title as currently all the individual films show as separate titles.

I have looked in the Wiki which does not really help as well as various other posts on this site. I'm confused as to whether I'm supposed to use the [boxset] tag or not. 

The title appears as a collection (presumeably the auto box set plug-in) but this is not what I'm after.

Is there a way to get DVD's such as this (i have many more!) to display as one title?

I would very much appreciate some help!

Thanks

If you ripped them as individual films then Collections is the proper mechanism to get what you want.

The only other option would be to rip it as a single disc but that will have the limitations of DVD folder rips.

ursusltd

Thanks for the quick reply!

The closest to what I seek is the way TV series show, i.e one title you can drill down to.

If there is no way to do this using movie view, can they be hidden from movie view but show as a collection?

Yes, there is an option to "Group items into collections" in the user preferences.

Also, you could set them up as a TV series.