Double external id block

Guest db3

Guest db3

It often happens when I add a show there is the id for imdb/themoviedatabase added already but when for example I want to add anidb id it keeps on loading the imdb/themoviedatabase information and pictures instead of the anidb one.

Is it possible to block external id's or remove them so by default they are all added and if u don't like it you can remove one?

You can adjust the order of the metadata providers in the metadata settings page.  Higher on the list gets priority.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest db3

I have been playing with it some more but:

Even with reordering the order of fetching when there are duplicate names found between thetvdb and anidb (but thetvdb not anime) it will fetch from both even when the thetvdb isn't a anime show.

Only way to solve this is by disabling/blocking thetvdb/themoviedb/moviedbimdb/zap etc as metadata downloaders except this means it will effect all your TV categories and setting to unset content doesn't work either.

Maby a idea to set custom metadata settings and add them to a library? Instead of global to a certain category like series/movies

Edited by db3

ctrlaltdefeat

I think being able to set metadata providers per library rather than per category would solve a lot of issues with anime

• Like 1

ctrlaltdefeat

@Luke, is this in the 'near' future? (next week/month/whatever), or something really low priority?

Also, it might be a good/better idea to make anime a category of its own rather than use the TV category for this. As anime is really different from (american) TV

Deathsquirrel

@Luke, is this in the 'near' future? (next week/month/whatever), or something really low priority?

Also, it might be a good/better idea to make anime a category of its own rather than use the TV category for this. As anime is really different from (american) TV

I used to have a separate mixed-mode library for anime but the line for what belonged there got fairly blurry so I gave it up and moved the contents to movies or TV as appropriate.

I used to have a separate mixed-mode library for anime but the line for what belonged there got fairly blurry so I gave it up and moved the contents to movies or TV as appropriate.

I currently have a Mixed/Unset Anime folder and granted my collection isn't huge, but never thought what was in there should be anywhere else. What did you have that crossed the line between Anime and the other major categories?

While my life would be a lot easier, my GF and I watch anime when we are in the mood for it, while TV and Movies get more general "something to watch" time. So it probably makes sense for me to keep it that way, but I am curious why you changed.

Deathsquirrel

I currently have a Mixed/Unset Anime folder and granted my collection isn't huge, but never thought what was in there should be anywhere else. What did you have that crossed the line between Anime and the other major categories?

While my life would be a lot easier, my GF and I watch anime when we are in the mood for it, while TV and Movies get more general "something to watch" time. So it probably makes sense for me to keep it that way, but I am curious why you changed.

Does Robotech go in Anime or TV?  How about Akira or Princess Monoke?  Plenty of stuff gets released in the US with major reworks and dubbing effort put in.  I quit splitting it out.  The distinctions got too arbitrary.  Plus I couldn't do collections for the contents in the Mixed library.

Does Robotech go in Anime or TV?  How about Akira or Princess Monoke? 

Anime.

I have all three and that is where they are. The first case is debatable, but then I also put my Avatar stuff there and people HOWL that ain't anime. I'm not a "purist" when it comes to that - to me my Speed Racer is anime no matter how altered and dubbed it is. What is the difference between Princess Mononoke and Mononoke Hime, other than the voice talent? Or Akira - how could it be anything else?

Just out of curiosity - do you split stuff like Ghost in the Shell between your Movies and TV directories, or any of the other myriad anime that does both movies and series, or do you just lump them into TV?

In other words, Anime is a very specific genre in my mind that is either a movie or serial. My household talks about it the same way we would TV or Movie - "I'm in the mood for TV" vs. "Let's watch a movie" vs. "Anime tonight!". You probably think of them differently and I certainly won't disparage your choice in the matter.

I don't miss collections - it didn't work properly for what I needed. While it did group my GitS mostly correct, I couldn't get my Bubblegum/AD Police stuff to ever work properly.

ctrlaltdefeat

I have it as TV but it's really annoying how every show has "NameSeasonUnknown" because I don't have my files in season folders. Having an anime category could make us able to not use season folders as anime doesnt have seasons.

Edited by ctrlaltdefeat

Deathsquirrel

Anime.

I have all three and that is where they are. The first case is debatable, but then I also put my Avatar stuff there and people HOWL that ain't anime. I'm not a "purist" when it comes to that - to me my Speed Racer is anime no matter how altered and dubbed it is. What is the difference between Princess Mononoke and Mononoke Hime, other than the voice talent? Or Akira - how could it be anything else?

Just out of curiosity - do you split stuff like Ghost in the Shell between your Movies and TV directories, or any of the other myriad anime that does both movies and series, or do you just lump them into TV?

Like I said, the distinction seems arbitrary and ultimately wasn't useful to me so I stopped worrying about it.  Move things to Movies or TV and use genres or tags is my suggestion.

As for movie length stuff that also has 'seasons', I follow what TVDB supports.  It generally treats the movie editions as special episodes which I think works well.

ctrlaltdefeat

Season folders are not required for TV

How come I get these NameSeasonUnknown then? o.O

The shows list one season(a ton of more if you have tvdb enabled) even when you dont use season folders.

For anime, when you open the show it should list the eps rather than the season(s) (as seasons dont exist in anime)

Deathsquirrel

How come I get these NameSeasonUnknown then? o.O

The shows list one season(a ton of more if you have tvdb enabled) even when you dont use season folders.

For anime, when you open the show it should list the eps rather than the season(s) (as seasons dont exist in anime)

Season folders aren't necessary but series folders are at least a very good idea and file naming needs to follow the standards for any other TV show.  Your episode naming needs to match the episode/season identifiers used in the metadata source.  TVDB for example does list anime by season with each run of a related show being a season typically.  For example, Slayers season 1 is Slayers, Slayers Next is season 2, Slayers Try is 3, etc.

ctrlaltdefeat

Season folders aren't necessary but series folders are at least a very good idea and file naming needs to follow the standards for any other TV show.  Your episode naming needs to match the episode/season identifiers used in the metadata source.  TVDB for example does list anime by season with each run of a related show being a season typically.  For example, Slayers season 1 is Slayers, Slayers Next is season 2, Slayers Try is 3, etc.

Season folders do seem to be necessary, without them I get; http://i.imgur.com/sEjeN1l.png

I don't care for what tvdb does with anime because that seems to change depending on the weather and the alignment of the planets. Which is why I use anidb(thx to the Anime plugin) by using the main title of an anime als folder name and renaming my files to this structure; [Vivid-Asenshi] Akame ga Kill! - 01 [HD TV]

What I am suggesting is rather than having a season tab(see screenshot) replace this by an episodes one that lists all episodes of the show rather than the seasons. I'm sure anime needs to be a category of its own for this to be possible to implement.

What I am suggesting is rather than having a season tab(see screenshot) replace this by an episodes one that lists all episodes of the show rather than the seasons. I'm sure anime needs to be a category of its own for this to be possible to implement.

Actually, this would be very useful beyond Anime, since I have a few TV shows (like Firefly, Almost Human and miniseries like 10th Kingdom) that only had one Season so if I had an option at the Series level to display all episodes it would save me a completely unnecessary click to pick the only season.

What interface is that? It doesn't look like my web client - so you may need to make a feature request for that specific app.

ctrlaltdefeat

Actually, this would be very useful beyond Anime, since I have a few TV shows (like Firefly, Almost Human and miniseries like 10th Kingdom) that only had one Season so if I had an option at the Series level to display all episodes it would save me a completely unnecessary click to pick the only season.

What interface is that? It doesn't look like my web client - so you may need to make a feature request for that specific app.

The screenshot was of Emby theater, as this is a category thing I'm pretty sure it's not something that needs to be changed/done in one app but rather in all of them(+the server?).

@Luke, opinion?

Edited by ctrlaltdefeat