Just installed Emby with Kodi - Can't Stream From Browser

mhannor

mhannor

I'm new to Kodi and Media Browser, Ive been working for 2 days on this project non stop to fix this issue. I know that I can add strm extension to the media player, which I have. I see the tv show but it has no picture and video do not play in any browser, it comes up like it will play but i get nothing....

post-65735-0-26977900-1439853462_thumb.png

post-65735-0-50818400-1439853478_thumb.png

can you all let me know if there is anything I need to do or any additional addon that needs to be installed? Your help will be highly appreciated. 

Logos302

Do you have the emby plug in installed?  And does the file that you're trying to play, play when you select it in Kodi without using the browser?

mhannor

The tvshow plays fine in Kodi and it is a TV Show strm file I added to my library in Kodi from Genesis, does this info helps?

Edited by mhannor

Angelblue05

Yes it does.

Ok well the strm file you've added to Emby is for Kodi only playback because it needs the add-on to work. So all you need to do is play the strm file in Kodi and it will be working fine. You can also send the stream to Kodi by selecting the player (Kodi in that case) then pressing play on the strm file from your webclient.

55d2835676589_player.png

Please note we don't support banned add-on such as Genesis. I'm just explaining why the playback is not working in Emby webclient.

Edited by Angelblue05

mhannor

Yes it does.

Ok well the strm file you've added to Emby is for Kodi only playback because it needs the add-on to work. So all you need to do is play the strm file in Kodi and it will be working fine. You can also send the stream to Kodi by selecting the player (Kodi in that case) then pressing play on the strm file from your webclient.

55d2835676589_player.png

Please note we don't support banned add-on such as Genesis. I'm just explaining why the playback is not working in Emby webclient.

Ok, I didn't know Genesis was not supported. I found it from youtube. Also just to make sure I understand what you are saying basically I can't stream files from Kodi to a webclient, but I can stream files from my webclient to Kodi, is that correct? Is there a way at all to play stream files in the browser? Do all files have to be your files on your local servers, like avi, mp4 and etc, to play in the browser? 

Edited by mhannor
  • Like 1

mhannor

Ok, I think I've been working hard for nothing, the reason I installed media browser is because of this post, can you explain to me what this is saying because I'm all off then, i thought this was the fix I was looking for:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/13818-new-feature-add-strm-files-to-your-library-for-external-addons/

What is this saying exactly?

Angelblue05

It's just saying that you can import your Kodi strm files in your Emby server to centralize and control the metadata, artwork and watched status. The strm file playback can only happen in Kodi because it depends on a Kodi add-on to work.

That's all it says :) This is a really old post. But basically what you are looking to do will not work.

This is how things work: Emby server (All your content) > Emby for Kodi addon (Add your Emby content to Kodi) > Kodi (view Emby content). 

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

mhannor

Ok last question and I think I'm done. How can I get the picture to show up for the TV Show, why is it not showing up? How do I fix that? It shows up fine in Kodi but not in Emby

Edited by mhannor

Angelblue05

@@mhannor

Do you mean the artwork in the webclient? If so, in the webclient, click on the Home. It should open the sliding panel, then select Metadata Manager near the bottom. Select your content and do this:

55d293a25aa78_editmetadata3.png

55d293b2e5be2_editmetadata4.png

55d293bd330ac_editmetadata5.png

• Like 1