Emby - Kodi watched status sync

mmesnjak

mmesnjak

Hi,

I just installed Emby plugin in my Kodi (OpenELEC v6 beta) and watched couple of episodes of a tv series using direct play (local network) - I'm a happy camper :) since it all worked out of the box.

But one thing bugs me...

These two episodes were marked as watched on Emby server right after doing so (even synced to trakt.tv since I've setup trakt plugin, also) but in the Kodi interface they stayed marked as "unwatched" until I restarted Kodi (which I normally don't do since I put the HP G1 260 into sleep and do not power off usually).

Can this be somehow set so that Emby server watched status is automatically synced after watching movie or a tv show episode?

mmesnjak

It should be.

What version of the addon are you running?

I'll check when I come home after work and post back...

I can tell you that the skin I'm using is Arctic Zephyr (from Emby repository for Kodi if I'm not mistaking)

assmist

i have the same issue on three devices, one running kodibuntu with kodi 15. one mac running kodi 15 and a pi with openelec running kodi 14.2 all have version 1.1.13 of the emby plugin

web ui gets the watch status from kodi but in kodi they gone back to unwatched after a few seconds. if i mark them as watched manually in kodi they stay watched. this started a few days ago. 

if anyone have any ideas or need more info just let me know :)

Edited by assmist

Yagotta B. Kiddin

Afternoon gents, I noticed the same problem last night. Was working fine ~3 days ago. I haven't checked with movies, but it definitely affects TV series (ripped from DVD sets). Can also confirm the watched status is correctly updated on the Emby sever immediately. 

Odd observation: The checkmark for watched *does* display for about 2 seconds, then clears (see #4 above).

Workaround: Make sure that the add-on, under sync options, has "Use local paths instead of addon redirects for playback" *disabled*.  That was the only setting I changed between when it was properly tracking watched episodes, and when it "broke". I toggled that setting back to disabled, and it is properly displaying the watched flag again. (System | Settings | Addons | Emby | Configure | Sync Options | "Use local paths instead of addon redirects for playback" *disabled*)

Version Info:

Kodi Host: Windows 10

Kodi: 15.0 and 15.1 (I updated to 15.1 last night to see if that fixed it, no dice)

Emby Add-On version:1.1.13

Emby Server: 3.0.5675.1 (Hosted on Windows Storage Server 2012-R2, running as a windows service)

Edited by Yagotta B. Kiddin

Vidman

Afternoon gents, I noticed the same problem last night. Was working fine ~3 days ago. I haven't checked with movies, but it definitely affects TV series (ripped from DVD sets). Can also confirm the watched status is correctly updated on the Emby sever immediately.

Odd observation: The checkmark for watched *does* display for about 2 seconds, then clears (see #4 above).

Workaround: Make sure that the add-on, under sync options, has "Use local paths instead of addon redirects for playback" *disabled*. That was the only setting I changed between when it was properly tracking watched episodes, and when it "broke". I toggled that setting back to disabled, and it is properly displaying the watched flag again. (System | Settings | Addons | Emby | Configure | Sync Options | "Use local paths instead of addon redirects for playback" *disabled*)

Version Info:

Kodi Host: Windows 10

Kodi: 15.0 and 15.1 (I updated to 15.1 last night to see if that fixed it, no dice)

Emby Add-On version:1.1.13

Emby Server: 3.0.5675.1 (Hosted on Windows Storage Server 2012-R2, running as a windows service)

Under emby server settings metadata/NFO do you have 'sync user watched status' for a user? If so you need to clear it and save

Yagotta B. Kiddin

@Vidman: I do, the nfo's are synced for the user 'nobody', which is the same user that logs into the Emby server from Kodi. Are you suggesting that I blank that out and try again?

• Like 1

assmist

Workaround: Make sure that the add-on, under sync options, has "Use local paths instead of addon redirects for playback" *disabled*.  That was the only setting I changed between when it was properly tracking watched episodes, and when it "broke". I toggled that setting back to disabled, and it is properly displaying the watched flag again. (System | Settings | Addons | Emby | Configure | Sync Options | "Use local paths instead of addon redirects for playback" *disabled*)

that was disabled for me already, must be a server side issue as it affects all devices i have tried on. when i think a bout it it might be the new emby-server version that came a few days ago.

Vidman

that was disabled for me already, must be a server side issue as it affects all devices i have tried on. when i think a bout it it might be the new emby-server version that came a few days ago.

Does my response to this apply to you also? Have you tried a database reset in Emby for kodi? Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

assmist

Under emby server settings metadata/NFO do you have 'sync user watched status' for a user? If so you need to clear it and save

This fixed it for me :) thanks! 

mmesnjak

Hi all,

Sorry for not posting back sooner but I was unavailable this past week...

I didn't have server settings->metadata/nfo->sync user watched status on but I did a database reset and that helped. Now watched status is immediately seen and this also goes for in progress status.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Good yes, I made some adjustments to this section so there should hopefully be no more problems with watch status from now on. Fingers crossed.