Beta 3.4.3

7illusions

FrostByte

My fault for not specifying on the request, but could you possibly change the artist in Now Playing to show song artist, instead of album artist.  On VA albums that way it shows the singer instead of VA for every song.  Thanks

55dc9dfe03dcb_Untitled2.jpg

Vicpa

Hi @

Just thinking is the same used in the screen saver? Multiple artists may be an issue, they never work with album artists in the server sometimes they seem to for artists

FrostByte

Oh, not sure.  I'll have to watch it more cloesly because I don't recall seeing a VA in the screen saver yet.

Vicpa

Hi 7

Can you take a quick look at the hamburger menu it is a little hard to see.(as mentioned in the forum) It is like the background for the bar is missing. Or is that what you changed

Happy2Play

Is there a difference in what the 8.1 and 10 app handle? 

Happy2Play

Hi 7

Can you take a quick look at the hamburger menu it is a little hard to see.(as mentioned in the forum) It is like the background for the bar is missing. Or is that what you changed

It is pretty much invisible right now but still accessible if you know where it is.  3.4.3.350

55dd0eda57116_app.jpg

FrostByte

I think this was done on purpose so you don't have that big long bar across the screen.   I like this way better, but it is hard to click/tap in the right place some time to get to the settings

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi All

Kudos 7 and @@FrostByte The change to artist vs album artist in Now playing and the screen saver is working pretty well. I was a little worried because the server does such a crappy job with the artist tag and multiple artists(well let's not even mention that).

Having the art tied to the album artist works out and hides some of those challenges. I totally missed the subtlety of the speed variations on the movement of the text it just looked right. It took a real edge case to highlight it.  

55ddd1fba849a_MusicStan.png

As you can see the server incorrectly creates a single artist "Stan Getz; The Oscar Peterson Trio" The album artist is "Stan Getz and The Oscar Peterson Trio" also incorrect should be "Stan Getz" and "The Oscar Peterson Trio"  the tags are all correct but that's just details. 

I can live with "Stan Getz; The Oscar Peterson Trio" as the artist doesn't look to bad scrolling by.... The treatment is inconsistent so I don't think the app can handle it any better.

The third track down is the edge case. That title is super long. :) Having it truncated with the ellipse is fine as in Now Playing the screensaver handles it less gracefully. Truncating it like now playing would be fine. That is where I noticed the time variation. It seems to zip across the screen like it trying to display the whole thing, but only shows a chunk. 

The truncation and speed thingy are minor to add to the list for when ever. I was also suggest hiding the "emby hamburger" when the screen savers kick in as well as video play back again minor.

Congrats 7 on getting the release out.

-vicpa

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1

FrostByte

How can you use the "Send To" with subtitles now?  I use to start the app, start playing the movie, select the subtitle, then choose "Send To" my TV.   I no longer see the Send To after it starts playing though.  I'm pretty positive I could do that in previous versions

If the app auto started the subtitle using the web options I guess I wouldn't need to do this, but that doesn't appear to be working in the webclient any more either.   

• 2 weeks later...

I think I reported this a couple builds ago... The 8.1/10 app is not being seen on the Win Phone app as a remote client. Is this an issue on this end, the server, or the phone client??