QNAP Setup

Luke

We have a new QNAP package available for testing:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51334-new-qnap-package-for-testing/

Unlike the current package in the QNAP community, this is built by the Emby Team and will be tested and supported by us. It is also built with the new .NET Core runtime from Microsoft, which has major performance improvements over the mono runtime used by the community package. 

Please try it out if interested in helping us test it. Thanks !

• 1 year later...

after installing it ask me for login and password, but i never installed any pwd

Hi there, where is it asking you for this exactly?

contenitore21

Suddenly i've entered OK. Now i'm testing, it seems too slow but i will send other questions in next days. Thanx

Inviato dal mio LEX720 utilizzando Tapatalk

contenitore21

hi

i've installed emby on my qnap ts212 .

some question:

1. is my nas too "poor" to work with emby? cause on pc i surf very slowly in its pages
  2. how can i see folder on a smart tv samsung? I see with no problem folder by twonky that i see on tv as a network source, but i don't see Emby in same mode
  3. how can i type personal metadata on my files? (i would classify its with some categories like history, geography, sciences and keyword like Berlin, China, Einstein.....etc) 

thanks

contenitore21

there is any guide to new users? i've connected a folder wìth many mp4 files but i can't see its in emby: maybe i mistake something but i don't know which. Thnx

there is any guide to new users? i've connected a folder wìth many mp4 files but i can't see its in emby: maybe i mistake something but i don't know which. Thnx

Yes we have a wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki

Make sure you've run a library scan after adding the folder. If you're still having a problem then please open a new topic about it. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
phi303

So is emby supposed to be in the QNAP AppCenter? I see plex but I don't see emby - I would rather not install manually. 

So is emby supposed to be in the QNAP AppCenter? I see plex but I don't see emby - I would rather not install manually. 

No, we are working on it though. The manual install is very easy.

phi303

No, we are working on it though. The manual install is very easy.

does the app itself auto update or will I have to constantly be looking at the manual installation repo?

does the app itself auto update or will I have to constantly be looking at the manual installation repo?

It doesn't auto-update but it will once we are listed in the QNAP catalog. The server dashboard will notify you when a new update is available, and that's only about once per month.

phi303

It doesn't auto-update but it will once we are listed in the QNAP catalog. The server dashboard will notify you when a new update is available, and that's only about once per month.

ahhh that's what i assumed, how far out are you guys to getting emby into the QNAP catalog? 

• 2 months later...
acura4ever

Hi everyone, I just bought a new Qap TS-453Be. I donwload emby-server-qnap_4.2.1.0_x86_64.qpkg and install it. Didn't have any install problem. When clicking on Emby server I received this error . So after reading, I reboot the nas but the issue is the same like Pareet

5dc0cd46aaddb_emby.png

If I try to telnet to the ip and port, the connexion is closed.

Any help will be appreciated.

PS : I'm new in qnap but not in IT.

Thanks.

mglbuster

Hi everyone, I just bought a new Qap TS-453Be. I donwload emby-server-qnap_4.2.1.0_x86_64.qpkg and install it. Didn't have any install problem. When clicking on Emby server I received this error . So after reading, I reboot the nas but the issue is the same like Pareet

5dc0cd46aaddb_emby.png

If I try to telnet to the ip and port, the connexion is closed.

Any help will be appreciated.

PS : I'm new in qnap but not in IT.

Thanks.

Click Learn More and there will be an option to conect otherwise.

mglbuster

Hello, I've just installed emby on my QNAP TS471 using the link for the X64 version emby-server-qnap_4.2.1.0_x86_64.qpkg  . However when I click on the app to launch I get the following error message - see screenshot. If I enter http://localhost:8096 on my browser I get 'unable to connect' error message. Am I doing something wrong/silly?

5d5c7d98774e4_Embyerrormessage.png

Click Learn More and there will be an option to conect otherwise.

acura4ever

I wasn't able to connect even with the learn more option. But with another browser, I received a different error regarding obsolete tls setting. So I change from 1.2 to 1.0 and now I was able to continue the setup. Afterwards, I wasn't able to login. Need to reproduce the problem.

I will try to post if I found what is it.

Thanks.

Edited by acura4ever

acura4ever

After trying changing every tls setting, nothin has word.

I install the lastest beta and the problem was still there.

I recheck my setting but after going on you web page,the url should http://localhost:8096 but the install is using https://192.168.1.147:8920/

Is it possible to fix the url when we update your package?

Thanks.