QNAP Setup

Luke

After trying changing every tls setting, nothin has word.

I install the lastest beta and the problem was still there.

I recheck my setting but after going on you web page,the url should http://localhost:8096 but the install is using https://192.168.1.147:8920/

Is it possible to fix the url when we update your package?

Thanks.

Unfortunately it's not possible, not without removing support for the SSL port entirely. This is happening because we add 8920 to the app manifest to authorize Emby to use the port, and as a result, QNAP wants to prefer SSL by default. But it's a chicken and egg scenario because you can't use the SSL port until you've first set it up in Emby.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have installed the emby server version 4.2.1.0 in the QNAP TS453Be.

Now there is a new version available: 4.3.0.30. Since the app is not available in the qnap official app center, I have to download the package from the emby site.

But if I install then new version over the old one will I lose all the current settings? I mean, do I have to setup the server from scratch?

Thank you.

acura4ever

All your setting will be kept. I did the same things and everything works.

Just don't forget to reboot your nas afterwards. If not your emby will not be updated.

• Like 1

All your setting will be kept. I did the same things and everything works.

Just don't forget to reboot your nas afterwards. If not your emby will not be updated.

Thank you for the fast reply!

So, the correct procedure is:

1) downlaod the installer file emby-server-qnap_4.3.0.30_x86_64.qpkg

2) manually install the new qpkg file without removing the old one

3) reboot the nas

Is this correct?

acura4ever

Yes, exactly. The update will take 1 minute. Rebooting the nas and be ready to use it, will take 2-3 minutes.

To confirm that that update is done, just go to emby page and verify the version.

• Like 1

Yes, exactly. The update will take 1 minute. Rebooting the nas and be ready to use it, will take 2-3 minutes.

To confirm that that update is done, just go to emby page and verify the version.

All worked. Very easy.

Thank you for the tips.

• 5 months later...
Txipiron_

I've got a QNAP TS-832X with 8Gb of RAM. It uses a Cortex-A57 Alpine AL-324 processor and I've tried to install the QNAP Arm64 (aarch64) but the app doesn't start. Is it the right version I've installed?

Thank you

I've got a QNAP TS-832X with 8Gb of RAM. It uses a Cortex-A57 Alpine AL-324 processor and I've tried to install the QNAP Arm64 (aarch64) but the app doesn't start. Is it the right version I've installed?

Thank you

Hi, what exactly happens when you try to start?

Hi Luke,

Emby starts on the QNAP but when I go to the url http://QNAP_IP:8096 the initial webpage doesn't start.

Thank you

Have you tried localhost directly on the QNAP?

Txipiron_

Have you tried localhost directly on the QNAP?

Hi Luke,

My QNAP has not web interface, so I can't try it. 

• 1 year later...
On 20/08/2019 at 19:09, Pareet said:

Hello, I've just installed emby on my QNAP TS471 using the link for the X64 version emby-server-qnap_4.2.1.0_x86_64.qpkg  . However when I click on the app to launch I get the following error message - see screenshot. If I enter http://localhost:8096 on my browser I get 'unable to connect' error message. Am I doing something wrong/silly?

5d5c7d98774e4_Embyerrormessage.png

Hi, I have the same issues here on my TS-221 can someone help?

Thank you

6 hours ago, jsa288 said:

Hi, I have the same issues here on my TS-221 can someone help?

Thank you

Hi there @jsa288, what exactly is the problem? What error message are you getting?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2016 at 7:38 PM, Luke said:

Hello, I've just installed emby server on my QNAP TS212E. When I click on the app to launch I get the following error message -unable to connect. ALso cant connect from PC or LG TV.

• 3 months later...
Tophicles

Started getting this error this morning: 

App Center    App Installation    [App Center] Emby Server has an invalid digital signature. The app has stopped and cannot be installed on QTS. You can remove it in the App Center.

This was after the latest firmware update: 5.0.0.1932

I'm running a TVS-871U-RP.

Tophicles

Started getting this error this morning: 

App Center    App Installation    [App Center] Emby Server has an invalid digital signature. The app has stopped and cannot be installed on QTS. You can remove it in the App Center.

This was after the latest firmware update: 5.0.0.1932

I'm running a TVS-871U-RP.

Ok, never mind, I found this setting in the App Center -> Settings: 

image.png.e81392107eb9c25840917e980851d6dd.png

Apparently I had to toggle this after the FW upgrade... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
ulanov

Unfortunately, although I've gently suggested twice, for some reason the Emby team hasn't updated the QNAP download page to note that this setting has to be checked and left that way (or the QNAP server will at some point stop the Emby app on its own).  It would seem to be so helpful and simple just to add the note.  I've even given them the sample sentence....

6 hours ago, ulanov said:

Unfortunately, although I've gently suggested twice, for some reason the Emby team hasn't updated the QNAP download page to note that this setting has to be checked and left that way (or the QNAP server will at some point stop the Emby app on its own).  It would seem to be so helpful and simple just to add the note.  I've even given them the sample sentence....

HI, thanks for the reminder. We'll get it added.

• 9 months later...
EmbyPenguin

Hi,
Emby Server is wonderful but I often run into a problem : when I try to listen to a full album from the Emby server, playback randomly stops after the first track and then the palyer goes into PAUSE. 

To solve this I had to restart Emby server and that usually helps. 

But I mistakenly hit "Shutdown" server, and now I am stuck and cannot do anything. 
Can't access to emby server page to reconnect. 

Emby server is installed (as you may guess from this message location) on QNAp HX-453 DX NAS (this NAS is a DISASTER byt the way : it is AWFULLY SLOW and takes like 7 to 8 minutes to reboot). 

So the question is simple : is there a simple way to restart the emby server once it has been shutdown ? 

Thanks a lot for your answers. 

Regards. 

• 2 months later...
kdbrink

Hello!

I'm new to both Emby and QNAP. I have a TS-1673AU-RP server which is not listed on the Emby software page. Which version should I choose?

Ken

Happy2Play
15 minutes ago, kdbrink said:

Hello!

I'm new to both Emby and QNAP. I have a TS-1673AU-RP server which is not listed on the Emby software page. Which version should I choose?

Ken

I would think the Intel/AMD 64-bit package.

Note the install instructions.

Emby Server for QNAP NAS - Emby

image.png.ef1d52949d4431d9f1fb62b13e37d1db.png