Out of Memory Exception Error

aspdend
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

aspdend

My MB Server has started to crash regularly with an error pop up message stating "Out of Memory Exception" being the cause. I Restart the server software and all is fine for a while, then it crashes a bit later, no set times.

The logs for the last crash are attached as below and as the dropbox link below.

I am running 3.0.5076.20161

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67702276/server-63521044006.log

unhandled_6ab3c2ac-f714-40fb-a7ff-2b71e78dc8e7.txt

• Solution

it will be looked at in an upcoming server release. in the meantime, removing some plugins such as cover art may help.

• Like 1

aspdend

I have uninstalled the CoverArt plugin (now my htpc is sad as I have used CoverArt for years and love the way it make the covers look) and this seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks Luke - keep up the good work.

aspdend

Just a quick update - the server has been rock solid since removing Cover Art. I re-installed Cover Art to the latest Beta and within 30 mins I had the same Out of Memory Error. So that is definitely the issue. Will be keeping an eye out for when I can reinstall it.

Can you link me to a copy of your CoverArt.xml config file?  I'd like to see if maybe it is certain settings that might be causing this.  Thx.

I just noticed during a library scan when it found a new movie, CoverArt was called.  @@Luke any idea why this would be the case?  No clients were up and requesting any images at the time.  Image processing was never a part of the library scan before but it appears it is now which may be part of the problem here.

aspdend

Sorry ebr - been very busy, didn't notice your response and request - I will post the config file this evening when I get home

I just noticed during a library scan when it found a new movie, CoverArt was called.  @@Luke any idea why this would be the case?  No clients were up and requesting any images at the time.  Image processing was never a part of the library scan before but it appears it is now which may be part of the problem here.

Nothing that I can think of. I guess just hunt it down and see where it came from.

It is the notification window on the server.

This shouldn't really be a problem as it would only happen for new items and, at least in my environment, I cannot find any memory leaks in CA.  But, it is a memory hog due to the processing required and is dependent on the size of the original image as well.

I guess maybe our x86 architecture for the server limits us a bit here, huh?

aspdend

It is the notification window on the server.

This shouldn't really be a problem as it would only happen for new items and, at least in my environment, I cannot find any memory leaks in CA.  But, it is a memory hog due to the processing required and is dependent on the size of the original image as well.

I guess maybe our x86 architecture for the server limits us a bit here, huh?

64 bit version?

yea but it's probably for the best because it's going to force us to make it more resource efficient.