smc007i

smc007i

Hi,

I couldn't find an obvious forum area to post this in, so if anyone can suggest a better location, please let me know so I can move it.

This is not really a Roku or WMC question, it's regarding the structure of the Emby library which I've discovered after switching rom using Emby of WMC to the Roku Emby channel.

Currently I have my TV media type split into folders on my drive:

- TV Series

- Documentaries

- (a few others)

I also have Movies separate.

This was no problem navigating on Emby for WMC because the default view took you straight to the media folders which meant I could dive into TV Series at the top of the list and go from there.

However on the Roku Channel Emby is organised differently and starts its listing by Media Type, meaning that the first 'band' on the channel is TV which is all my TV Series + Documentaries + (others), combined.  I understand that this grouping is because the Emby server makes you choose TV or Movies as Media Type when you add the folders to the server in the first place.

Yes I know I can scroll down on the Roku Channel to folders 'band' and my original organisation/folder structure will be there, but I'd rather just go straight into TV and have just my TV series or have my folders at the top, but there seems no way of altering the Roku Channel order?  Also, there is no alternate Media Type to group my documentaries (or other TV stuff) under to put these somewhere else on the Roku channel.

So my question to the developers is, why can't more Media Types be added so I can seggregate TV series (for example under TV) from other folders via alternative media types?

Or can the the Roku Channel be made more customisable - like Emby on WMC so I can have my folders structure at the top of the channel?

Thanks,

S

Roku uses your user settings that can be set in the web interface or android app, and then these settings apply to every client.

smc007i

Ok thanks, so how do I change the order of the My Media banner in the web interface? I noticed today that now the My Media banner is in a new order to yesterday, seemingly not alphabetical.  I can't find a way to reorder the media banner ...

I would prefer:

Folders

TV

Movies

Music

Audiobooks

at the moment it's the reverse of that, screen shot attached below.

Also, how did I add a picture for the Music folder? It's different to the rest which appear to be a default image, but I can't find how I set the music picture in the first place, other than the only folder set as the music media type has that in a folder.jpg file in it.  Can the TV or Folders icons and other media types be given a picture, even if they are spread across multiple folders or can the My Media banner remain as default, (i.e. I'd only want my music folder.jpg file to appear when in Folders)?

55d0cf80651f7_Untitled.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find this settings area you are referring to, please elaborate how to navigate to it...

The only ordering I can find under Metadata Manager is to sort the contents of the 'Folders' item (attached below), but that doesn't change the order of top 'My Media' band on my main web interface or Roku channel.  i.e. I'm stuck with the order show in my previous post with Audiobooks first, then Music, Movies etc.  This is what I want to alter.

55ec351fb8ad5_Untitled.jpg

Click on the "person" icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings".

Then select "Home screen settings" and the second to last area is the "View Order" area.

• Like 1

91esprit

Also, how did I add a picture for the Music folder? It's different to the rest which appear to be a default image, but I can't find how I set the music picture in the first place, other than the only folder set as the music media type has that in a folder.jpg file in it.  Can the TV or Folders icons and other media types be given a picture, even if they are spread across multiple folders or can the My Media banner remain as default, (i.e. I'd only want my music folder.jpg file to appear when in Folders)?

Any reply to this question?

Edited by 91esprit

• 1 year later...

You can try out audio book support in the latest beta release of Emby Server. Simply create a library using the Books content type. Once scanned in you can play and resume just like you would expect with audio books. Please try it out and give us your feedback, we're listening. Thanks !