UI Issues

Rowlett

dpi settings are at 150% (default) recommended by OS/NVIDIA drivers plugged into TV - i get the same and need to ALT TAB to get back to details screen - OS seems to be treating as to seperate/independant GUI windows.

changed DPI settings to 100% and UI is now in correct proportion any chance this will work with other % DPI in the future? can't read anything on the TV at 100% :-(

apologies didn't even think of checking my DPI setting and can see it listed as known issues but doesn't state whether their will be a fix or if there is one, assume they original thread post you posted will get updated?

Thanks

just to add to this, even in 100% DPI - if you where to make video playing the active screen or click on the video itself that's playing, you cannot get the video controls back unless you make that the active screen. This bug only started to occur in latest version, was fine beforehand. it seems it was ever since the video was taken off the ui thread??

Hi guys,

just want to report a bug, ever since "take video player off of ui thread"/Latest version i am getting issues with the UI.  Regardless of whether a video is playing or not i get two seperate screens, not an issue when in fullscreen however when the movie is playing before i can play/pause using space bar or to get the video controls gui to show i have to "ALT Tab" to the additional MBT window. Also if i open MBT fullscreen i get a black windows until i "ALT Tab"

Hope this makes sense - took a screen grab to explain a little about what i mean...

52939e1a14fa7_InVideo.jpg

I guess this is the same issue reported here:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2413-mbt-not-releasing-to-ui-after-playback/

I'm not sure if this is a dpi settings problem, I have my machine set for 120dpi which is 125%

I assume the 96dpi mentioned in this post is at 100%.

I also noticed that after the update to version 5076, my intro plugin is no longer working (as in custom intro's no longer playing before the movie)

I'm not sure why dpi settings would have anything to do with not returning to the detail screen once the movie has ended.

It did in all previous versions, just not the latest one.

Furthermore, why would the cursor stay visible once a movie has started? That has nothing to do with dpi settings does it?

Not trying to be difficult, I just don't understand.

I see, however, it seems related to the problem reported in the other thread.

I tried playing the MBT in windowed mode (not fullscreen) and see the issue described above.

The movie overlay is a different size then the detail screen.

For me this is not an issue, however it did show that stopping the movie turns the video overlay black, but it stays on the screen, covering the detail pane.

I suspect the same happens when playing in full screen where the video overlay will keep obscuring the detail page.

Did a little experimenting and found that the issue with the video overlay staying on top of the ui is related to madvr.

When disabeling Madvr in the configurator, everything works fine.

Could it be there is a setting in Madvr that will prevent the issue from happening?

@@Luke can you please shed some light on this?

I would like to use Madvr for smooth playback however having it turned on, the issue (blackscreen) after playback occurs.

• Like 1

Did a little experimenting and found that the issue with the video overlay staying on top of the ui is related to madvr.

When disabeling Madvr in the configurator, everything works fine.

Could it be there is a setting in Madvr that will prevent the issue from happening?

@@Luke can you please shed some light on this?

I would like to use Madvr for smooth playback however having it turned on, the issue (blackscreen) after playback occurs.

it is just a bug. 

So this is a known bug that will be addressed at some point?

I guess it occurred due to some feature now available and not in the previous version?

I just downloaded MBT 3.0.5078.24822 and the Madvr issue is now gone.

Video overlay is closed when stopping the movie and returns to the detail page.

Edited by Ernst