Which is faster Emby plugin or dedicated server?

pclausen

josh4trunks

Yes, I did run Emby on the i7-4770K cpu when it was installed in another chassis. But I never really did any benchmark testing, or even looked at CPU utilization since there never were any problems.

Yes, I use sickrage/couchpotato as well, but since I have everything set to 1080p quality for the downloads in sickrage, sometime it takes a couple of days before those encodes come out, and my wife is not the patient type. Also, there are times when I take Emby down where it is nice to have a backup plan for the users. There is also a bunch of kids stiff on the Roku PBS channel that I have not attempted to collect with sickrage.

But yes, in theory, I agree that we should be an Emby only household. :)

Cool video you did of your setup!

thanks

yeah, sometimes it is nice to just have random shows/movies to browse through without thinking about what you want ahead of time. something my setup is missing.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Richcoop

The answer to the question, whether the emby plugin or dedicated server is better, does not have correct or wrong response. It differs to what type of windows or mac you are using, and also it depends on the settings of your pc and your preferences. Even though for your case, I suggest you should use dedicated server because many others affirm that it runs smoother and faster. You can check all this on this site webpundits.in where there are other people who also met with this problem. Either way, your decision depends on your own preferences and also the power of your pc or mac.

Edited by Richcoop