How to connect to server with SSL / HTTPS ?

cw-kid
Go to solution Solved by 7illusions,

cw-kid

Hello

I am setting up this app for my brother again, currently on my local LAN and the app is detecting http://192.168.x.1:8096 as the server

Can I connect with the https port number? and how do I change the app to connect with the external dynamic DNS domain name?

And when it is connected how can you confirm what connection it is actually using?

Thanks

• Solution
7illusions

Unfortunately https isn't supported in the app yet.

It's on the backlog and will be implemented in a not to distant future.

• Like 1

cw-kid

Hi

OK excellent thanks for the heads up. 

I have already configured the Emby Kodi add-on to connect remotely via SSL, but they also use your excellent Windows 8 (Now Windows 10 as I just updated it) modern UI app! 

Cheers

• 3 months later...
vick1982

hi is ssl supported yet ? i would like to use with surface pro 4 .. as the windows emby home theatre has no proper touch / gesture support

7illusions

No, it hasn't been added. I will see if I can find the time during the weekend to make this happen

• Like 1

sluggo45

No, it hasn't been added. I will see if I can find the time during the weekend to make this happen

Thanks, I am waiting/hoping for this as well, I have SSL working with other apps just not the Windows 10 version.

vick1982

thanks looking forward to stop using web client.. i also have it working with all other apps using a trusted ssl certificate

Edited by vick1982

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
cw-kid

I previously created a certificate on my WHS2011 server which I believe uses GoDaddy. 

Now in the Windows 10 app under Select Server -> "Manual Configuration" I am seemingly able to connect to the Emby server using the HTTPS port number (I didn't use Emby Connect). 

It then connects and loads up all the media, however the Windows 10 app does very quickly flash up at the top "Access is currently restricted" and then disappears. But everything seems to play OK regardless. So not sure what this means? 

But how to know for sure its actually working on HTTPS? Looking at the active devices in the Emby server web GUI it just shows the clients host name and the version number 3.4.6.363.

Also the "mouse over" function on active devices to show if its transcoding or direct streaming, no longer works for me in Chrome and Internet Explorer. But it does work in the Microsoft Edge browser. Its been this way for some time. The Emby server version is 3.0.5801.0.

Thanks

• 9 months later...