Emby Web Wizard Never Finishes

Jack Debian
Go to solution Solved by KraigK,

Jack Debian

I managed to get the FreeBSD version of Emby installed in a jail on a 9.3 version of NAS4Free. However, once I got it started and ran the web-based wizard it gets to the Configure Settings screen and no matter what options I choose it never goes any further. Clicking the 'Next' button on this screen just puts a little spinney icon on the screen for a few seconds and then nothing.Trying to go to the /web/index.html page just starts the wizard over again. I have the server logs attached below, there are several errors but nothing that I understand. I am unable to do anything myself past this point, I'm afraid my FreeBSD troubleshooting skills end here, so I'm hoping one of you can point me in the right direction, otherwise I will have to abandon all the work I have done. Thanks for your help!

server-63574765213.txt

some networking problems it appears

Could not resolve host 'Emby.local'
	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
	  at System.Net.Dns.Error_11001 (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Jack Debian

some networking problems it appears

Could not resolve host 'Emby.local'
	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
	  at System.Net.Dns.Error_11001 (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Well the jail has a static IP address, and my guess is that Emby can't get to my DHCP server. Is there any way to specify a DNS server manually?

josh4trunks

can you ping google.com or 8.8.8.8 from the emby jail command line?

If not, you might want to ask on the freenas forum, networking section to get that fixed up.

• Solution

@@Jack -  I just experienced the same issue...Emby jail on FreeNAS/FreeBSD; couldn't get past the configure settings.  After some digging, found the fix in a the OSX forum.

You need to add the server's hostname to /etc/hosts (OSX forum has /etc/host; for me it is /etc/hosts)

Original:

127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.my.domain

Edited:

127.0.0.1               localhost Emby.local
(got my hostname from jail cli via 'hostname')

After I made the entry, my config wizard completed successfully.

Link to OSX forum:  http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/22567-wizard-install-not-progressing/

good luck!

• Like 3