Theme: blue neon night

speechles

Haw, if you do regret it we can always change things. Nothing is set in stone here. Users of the app choose the direction features evolve. Your suggestions so far have been awesome. If you still feel like changing things later, lemme know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hoxtonia

Could you also consider auto selecting first unplayed episode when entering a tv show?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Could you also consider auto selecting first unplayed episode when entering a tv show?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I have tried to fix this before. It has something to do with the order the listindex (season) and listindexitem (episode) are passed. Somewhere it isnt being respected anymore. At the moment cant figure out why. It exists, but the screen isnt doing it. In reading it has something to do with when items are populated, has to be finished before setting the listindexitem. We generate placeholders now for these to speed up the UI, before we populate them. This might be why since they arent really there yet. I will dig into this further in the future.

Edited by speechles

I have missing and upcoming episodes enabled, I think.

But I don't see them, so maybe I don't have them enabled.

Are your upcoming and missing populating? A pity you can't enjoy the feature you asked for. Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

AS A SIDE NOTE.

I wanted to test something and it passed with flying colors.

XVID 720p avi.

I have all of the settings to direct stream.

File is Encoded as below

audio: mp3, 48000Hz Stero, 128 kb/s

Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 1280x720, 23.98 fps® = > 1728x720

mikeraburn

It seems I need to FORCE Transcode some hevc acc while other hvec accI don't.

That is no issue as long as I choose Force Transcode at start up.

Any idea off the top of your head ofwhat would cause that?

No biggie.

@@mikeraburn

h265/hevc is so new, documentation regarding things isnt clear. I just have it make sure the framerate is 60 or less, and the bit depth isnt over 10. Other than that, it isnt clear what can or cannot direct-play. Vp9 the only check for compliance to direct-play is framerate under 30. But that is why the "force" play methods exist. The "auto-detect" is good, but based on "human experience". That means, we can only be sure of things we can experience. I lack a roku4, it limits my roll. So this will have to be based off what you and others who have a roku4 experience. This means "auto-detect" will need some fine tuning here and there for these new capabilities.

What is the mediainfo shown in the web client for the h265/hevc videos? Knowing which play/wont play will help the auto-detection (aka WAF).

Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

Media info in web client.

I will look it up and post tomorrow.

I also noticed an audio format I have never seen before. It converted to whatever I have it set at. Acc or ac3.

Whatever it was, your app worked!

Opus was the name of the audio file.

Edited by mikeraburn

mikeraburn

Here is the info for the 2 specific files.

Both are x265 and MKVs

This will play on auto detect

Video
CodecH264
ProfileHigh
Level31
Resolution1280x720
Aspect ratio16:9
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.97602
Bitrate4341 kbps
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames2
CABACNo
Audio
Languageeng
CodecAC3
Layout5.1
Channels6 ch
Bitrate375 kbps
Sample rate48000 khz
DefaultYes

This will ONLY play on Force Transcode

Media Info

Video
CodecHEVC
ProfileMain
Level93
Resolution1280x720
Aspect ratio16:9
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.97602
Bitrate840 kbps
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames1
Audio
Languageeng
CodecAAC
ProfileLC
Layoutstereo
Channels2 ch
Sample rate48000 khz
DefaultYes

@@mikeraburn

h265/hevc is so new, documentation regarding things isnt clear. I just have it make sure the framerate is 60 or less, and the bit depth isnt over 10. Other than that, it isnt clear what can or cannot direct-play. Vp9 the only check for compliance to direct-play is framerate under 30. But that is why the "force" play methods exist. The "auto-detect" is good, but based on "human experience". That means, we can only be sure of things we can experience. I lack a roku4, it limits my roll. So this will have to be based off what you and others who have a roku4 experience. This means "auto-detect" will need some fine tuning here and there for these new capabilities.

What is the mediainfo shown in the web client for the h265/hevc videos? Knowing which play/wont play will help the auto-detection (aka WAF).

Edited by mikeraburn

Happy2Play

I didn't change any of the advanced settings but all media is over 2hrs Roku reboot on all media in Neon.  (Auto Select)

More testing

You can force directstream on media over 2hrs that doesn't require transcoding.  Media that require transcoding and is over 2hrs reboots Roku.

@@Happy2Play

Are you sure you raised the maximum bitrate from the default. If you havent using "Auto" will then transcode far more than usual. In my tests, only transcoding files over 2 hours causes the reboot. Auto and DirectStream are working as expected, and just fine. Forcing transcoding will create the same error reliably in my tests. This may be related to the recent roku firmware update. I am also using os7 on my 2013 roku3 and have the same reboot issue.

We will have to wait for @@Luke to see if he can find what the problem is. But I suspect it is of rokus making and needs rokus fixing. There are other channels experiencing this same issue which rely on hls streams. So in the meantime, unfortunately we have a major problem here with no resolution. There is no finger to point anywhere expect at roku so no need to blame the software, server or client. It is Roku who needs to fix this asap. /me points finger. :)

Edited by speechles

Happy2Play

In my tests, only transcoding files over 2 hours causes the reboot.

Everything else works as expected.  As already stated this is an issue created by Roku in the os7 update.

mikeraburn

For what it worth,

This is true on the Roku 4 with OS 7

"In my tests, only transcoding files over 2 hours causes the reboot. Auto and DirectStream are working as expected, and just fine. Forcing transcoding will create the same error reliably in my tests"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Why is there an audio option in the roku for DTS and yet my files with DTS cause the Roku 4 to lock up and reboot?

Am I setting up something wrong on the Roku?

These same files play through Kodi just fine.

I am not sure if the Kodi is "down grading" the DTS to 5.1 and that is moot anyway.

@@mikeraburn the new firmware has also messed up audio detection. If you lack DTS you have to enable the DTS to AC3 option. This unfortunately introduces transcoding. Transcoding has the other "reboot" issue. Right now we are hoping roku corrects these problems as they werent problems previously. Maybe we need to bombard their forums with posts about this to get them to recognize it is their fault? Im not above doing this. :)

mikeraburn

@@mikeraburn the new firmware has also messed up audio detection. If you lack DTS you have to enable the DTS to AC3 option. This unfortunately introduces transcoding. Transcoding has the other "reboot" issue. Right now we are hoping roku corrects these problems as they werent problems previously. Maybe we need to bombard their forums with posts about this to get them to recognize it is their fault? Im not above doing this. :)

I am not above doing this either, but......................

I may not use the correct words to convey my issues.

Who am I kidding, I WON'T use the correct words.

A post from me saying, "It ain't working" will help no one.

Maybe if YOU post all our "issues" as you have seen here, I will for sure get in there and post an "AMEN brother!"

Or something to that effect.

Please let us know when you do. 

I am not above doing this either, but......................

I may not use the correct words to convey my issues.

Who am I kidding, I WON'T use the correct words.

A post from me saying, "It ain't working" will help no one.

Maybe if YOU post all our "issues" as you have seen here, I will for sure get in there and post an "AMEN brother!"

Or something to that effect.

Please let us know when you do.

This would be better if the lead developer of the application did. Then we could chime in on that thread with our aggravation/helpful feedback. With enough squeaky wheels it will escalate their support tiers and get a proper member of rokus personel to put their eyes on it. An official spokesperson for emby I am not. I am just a contributor and fan.

@@Luke since you are aware of the technical problem imposed by this recent firmware could you make a post on rokus forum addressing this?

This may already get addressed. This post below mentions the issue too they are having with their app:

http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=39143&start=30#p507787

Edited by speechles

Movies and TV recently got a favorites upgrade to the library view. Now so does music.

bd2bef4e3b8e290997b1fb0e0d75766c.jpg

You can mark or remove favorite artists or albums from the music sub-screen. Then they appear in their own rows of the music llbrary.

dec227ca940c8e9d16c35704989744c7.jpg

You also have a favorite songs row listing every favorite song. If you click into any of these it will create a virtual favorite songs album. Now you can play all your favorite songs from the same screen. By using * and the now playing feature you can even shuffle and loop these endlessly. The repeated track 4 on every song is a glitch at the moment.

402779409f35e08c29df323dc8e5d4bf.jpg

This makes it able to add favorite albums and favorite artists. There is not a way to mark/remove favorite songs through the app yet. You must mark/remove favorite them with the web client and they will appear accordingly in this app.

New version:

* favorite songs, albums, artists in music library view

* add logic to support these new view rows

* correct roku4 hevc support only level31 or lower for direct play (thanks mikeraburn)

Get at the usual spots. Any issues let em be known. Enjoys. Happy turkey day. Gobble gobble.

Edited by speechles

Okay, was bored. Now you can also favorite songs in the app. Choose a song, and then play it. Press * to bring up the now playing dialog, or choose "Go to now playing" and use the now playing screen to do it. Both have ability to favorite that song. To mark/remove a song favorite, keep in mind the song must be playing first. The option will not update after you mark favorite. The option wont become remove favorite immediately. Otherwise the entire song data has to be reloaded. Reloading the song data stops the music because you are already in the music player. I didnt want to stop the music. So this may be a steeper learning curve for some people. You have to exit the music player, then re-enter it for the changes you've made to have an effect on screen. They may not feel comfortable using it this way, but it will grow on them in time. :)

99897b98556b0434678872d1f7bc2ed5.jpg

edfad86cd22cdaf818f99c8669dedeb5.jpg

Also fixed the glitch with track numbers. This should complete the music favorites addition completely.

New version:

* add ability to mark/remove song favorites

* add logic to support this

Once again, happy turkey day. Gobble gobble. Bawk bawk.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

mikeraburn

Emby Server Question

I think I have looked and searched everywhere. for issues and or experiences.

The box I run the server on is screaming at me to update to Win10.

It will be the PRO edition.

Has anyone had issues with WIN10 (any edition) running Emby Server and using Rokus?

I am still in a turkey coma.

----------------------------------------------

According to the Window cops I didn't have a genuine copy of Windows AFTER I did the upgrade.

So I restored WIN 7 and I am not looking to upgrade that pc.

I spent a week and half of vacation enjoying this Emby Roku version with ZERO issues.

Trust me, I did stress test it!

Edited by mikeraburn

• 2 weeks later...

@@mikeraburn nice. Like said on A-team after one of their successes, "I love it when a plan comes together!" :)

New version:

* add default audio codec preference

* add force aac to mp3 preference

* logic to support new preferences

See here for details:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/28067-Audio-distorted-when-playing-1080p-MKV's#entry275261

My daughter asked me today, "Why doesn't it look Christmasy?". My only response to her was, that it was a bug. So I've fixed this bug regarding it not looking Christmasy enough. She was happy.

eZNU0x3.png

This should appear now as the logo in the upper left corner on every screen. You can also change the theme colors to Christmas appropriate. This should make it much more merry. Have a merrier Christmas. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

Hi,

I have been using this version and it is working great. Thanks for all your effort. One thing I can not get to work, with this or the basic app, is the wake on lan feature when starting up. Has anyone got this to work and is it something you have looked at yourself speechles?

Thanks.

@@mattm I dont think the official roku client has wake on lan implemeted. I can look at porting over some code from rarflix's implementation. Not sure when I can get to this since this is a busy time the next two weeks. It will be addressed though when I get a chance.