Theme: blue neon night

speechles

296dadb525fcf9070802f45e227cfbdf.jpg

be79c5da864bd687dea6499372f79dbf.jpg

New version:
* flac will direct play as pcm 2.0/5.1 audio in mkv container
* flac will direct stream as pcm 2.0/5.1 audio if video transcodes

* When transcoding show audio channels original->transcoded in OSD

Another missing puzzle piece falls into place. The robustness of the detection for max direct play/stream just gets better. Thanks to @@pclausen for spotting this issue.

@@pclausen chage the MPEG4 and MP2/3 settings in preferences to NO to maximize direct streaming.

Everyone with the app, update time again. Those without see links in first post of this thread.

Edited by speechles

pclausen

I'll be sure to check that out!

Also, I have some BRD rips that are in excess of 30 Mbps and I have noticed that when playing those titles back on a Roku 3, it will transcode.  Would there be an issue with upping the bitrate to one of the rates where your app states it is for Roku 4 only?

You can always try. If the roku cant keep up the stream will stall, and the roku may reboot. But, if you are on ethernet likely you can just fine. On wifi is where issues arise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BobbyDing

Hi,

I am having the issue that kaelin has above. Once connected, moving down just one click causes the channel to crash. I don't have the Trailers plugin installed. This just started this today. Unfortunately both this channel and the server were upgraded this morning, so either might be suspect. Any Ideas??

Thanks,

Bobby

Edited by BobbyDing

I had to go back to the regular app. It worked for awhile until the next release and the same thing started happening again with live tv. If I only have my library items visible it works fine but if I turn on live tv or any channels. It will kick me back to the Roku home screen. I need the live tv section so I had to go back to the regular emby channel.

BobbyDing

Yeah, I don't have this issue on the regular EMBY channel either. It was working fine for me up till today. I tried re installing both server and Neon channel on the Roku. No change. I disabled my firewall and it started working for a bit (thought I had found the problem) then it failed again with the firewall down. There are no updates or scans running on the server. I created a new user and logged on, but it dumped back to the Roku screen without loading. I wonder what's causing it?

Edited by BobbyDing

f8add56ea2fffd12a5b8f58ba5e35672.jpg

@@BobbyDing

For some reason channels (trailers,tunein,etc) werent showing for me. Deleted and recreated all *.db for my system and now I can see the problem. Scrolling down to where a channel loads its content crashes the channel silently. It just hangs. This had to do with me assuming runtimeticks always exists when it doesnt. Oops, my bad. :(

@@kaelin

The problem with livetv was likely how I detect virtual episodes. I wasnt checking if values were valid before using them. Added the missing invalid checks. This should now work with livetv. Since I lack livetv capability can anyone confirm this solves the issue?

112cc2d68913bab3d279a7fd9bdef489.jpg

Made the channel screen more resemble the normal views. This mimics the folder view but for channel content along with filters/sorting/etc via * context options menu.

New version:

* Correctly process movies/episodes lacking runtimeticks (fixes channels crashing)

* Correctly handle invalid locationtype (should fix livetv)

* Channel screen additions with * menu

Update those rokus and nowtvs. Sorry for earlier version. New users get app from links in first post.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Thanks @@speechles

I did a quick test this morning and it no longer crashes on the main screen with live tv or other channels. I can play trailers fine now too.

I am not able to play any live tv channels or watch any tv recordings though. It will either freeze or crash back out to Roku home.

I'll do some more testing tonight. I am still looking for some h265 content. I'll try to convert some video this evening and test it.

@@kaelin

Would it be possible for you to enable developer mode on your roku? Once done, you can sideload the zipfile from the link in the first post. When an app is sideloaded you gain access to telnet port 8085. After the app is loaded telnet to your roku on port 8085 and it should start measage reporting. Since I lack livetv I cant do this myself or I would. When the app crashes it will report in the message reports exactly where and why this happened. Without this information I cant properly debug the issue. So help would be most awesome and appreciated. Thanks.

@@CBers

Ive seen your posts in the nowtv thread. You for sure know how to sideload, and also have livetv. Can I ask you a favor? Lol.. Ya know, sideload and test this app with livetv/recordings and give me back the debug info on why its crashing for these? Pretty please with sugar on top? Thanks ;)

Edited by speechles

CBers

@@CBers

Ive seen your posts in the nowtv thread. You for sure know how to sideload, and also have livetv. Can I ask you a favor? Lol.. Ya know, sideload and test this app with livetv/recordings and give me back the debug info on why its crashing for these? Pretty please with sugar on top? Thanks ;)

Would be more than happy to test, but I don't have Live TV.

Sorry :)

Would be more than happy to test, but I don't have Live TV.

Sorry :)

Oh snap. Dashing my hopes. Haw. Always assumed you had sideloaded nowtv with livetv from threads Ive read. This might be why to assume is to... Apologies :)

Its all good though. I know some kind soul will step forward to sideload this, test against their livetv, and post the error logs they found. Any takers? Cmon don't be shy. Heh

I will try to make time for this later tonight after the kids go to bed. I haven't put the Roku 4 in developer mode so this will give me an excuse to do that. Been awhile since I have side loaded anything but remember it being pretty easy. I'll let you know.

CBers

Oh snap. Dashing my hopes. Haw. Always assumed you had sideloaded nowtv with livetv from threads Ive read. This might be why to assume is to... Apologies :)

Its all good though. I know some kind soul will step forward to sideload this, test against their livetv, and post the error logs they found. Any takers? Cmon don't be shy. Heh

Sorry I couldn't help.

Would have been more than happy to sideload, but not having Live TV, doesn't help you.

Shout if I can be if assistance in the future, as my Now TV box is sitting gathering dust :)

Okay, lets try this again. The problem with live/recorded tv wasnt with browsing the titles? It was regarding playback of them, right? I Experienced the same issue with newly added media that wasnt scanned yet. It wouldnt crash the app, it was simply refusing to play on the videoplayer, and would fall back to the details screen. I have corrected that issue. You will also hear what sounds like Mario picking up a coin in Super Mario World right as you enter the homescreen. This means you have the latest version if you hear that. If not, update the app and see if livetv suddenly works.

New version:

* Videoplayer bug fixes

* Audible "coin pickup" sound on entering homescreen

@@kaelin

*crosses fingers*

Live tv/recorded tv is fully browseable and playable now?

Edited by speechles

Just when I got the app sideloaded too. :) 

I pulled the zip from the first post but don't hear the coin pickup sound.

live tv/recorded is fully browseable. It will play if i set the max video quality to the default 3.2 Mbps but if I go up to even 30 Mbps, It will say retrieving for quite a while and then kick me back to the detail screen. Below is the output. It is doing those downloaded segment outputs when it is retrieving.

Showing video springboard screen
Button command: play
GetContextForPlayback item.ContentType=Program
Not sure what to do with breadcrumbs on screen type: Invalid
Pushing screen 9 onto view controller stack - Video Player
MediaPlayer::playVideo: Displaying video: 9:00 pm - Scorpion
Getting metadata for Id 9a3b0c17dc4d85253ba92220fbe9bcef
addPlaybackInfo item.Id: 8ceacd18fa9bb5352fef8e0fa5a71d9e
getDynamicPlaybackInfo itemId: 8ceacd18fa9bb5352fef8e0fa5a71d9e
getDynamicPlaybackInfo url: http://192.168.0.118:8096/emby/Items/8ceacd18fa9bb5352fef8e0fa5a71d9e/PlaybackInfo?UserId=15220ac1574edd5dbf7b2a2eca258667&starttimeticks=00000000&maxstreamingbitrate=30000000
Setting PlayStart to 0
Starting to play transcoded video
Playback url: http://192.168.0.118:8096/emby/videos/8ceacd18fa9bb5352fef8e0fa5a71d9e/master.m3u8?DeviceId=YY000E443867&MediaSourceId=7fc28c9f339847159dec5e1947f641f3heavy&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac&AudioStreamIndex=-1&VideoBitrate=29872000&AudioBitrate=128000&MaxAudioChannels=2&ClientTime=635821128338642537&PlaySessionId=38c5a6a102d548e6ba71bac7f0ac9205&api_key=9c560cb62d304acc8228bb66a4a05429
MediaPlayer::playVideo::VideoScreenEvent::isStreamStarted: position -> 0
Message data -> roAssociativeArray
Downloaded segment 0 in 374?s (4403148 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 1 in 193?s (2278560 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 2 in 434?s (5119992 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 3 in 257?s (3040336 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 4 in 454?s (5346720 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 5 in 214?s (2519012 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 6 in 196?s (2315972 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 7 in 433?s (5106456 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 8 in 239?s (2823572 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 9 in 432?s (5093484 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 10 in 187?s (2212384 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 11 in 447?s (5270392 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 12 in 221?s (2613952 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 13 in 465?s (5473056 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 14 in 186?s (2195088 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
Downloaded segment 15 in 424?s (4998356 bytes, buffer is now 0/0
MediaPlayer::playVideo::VideoScreenEvent::isFullResult: position -> 0
MediaPlayer::playVideo::VideoScreenEvent::isScreenClosed: position -> 0
Popping screen 9 and cleaning up 0 breadcrumbs
Top of stack is once again: VideoSpringboardScreen9a3b0c17dc4d85253ba92220fbe9bcef
Getting metadata for Id 9a3b0c17dc4d85253ba92220fbe9bcef
Setting video springboard screen content
Showing video springboard screen

As far as recorded tv, I recently purged all of my recordings and the only thing I have is a 297 minute football game that the regular emby channel has issues with too. They both reboot the Roku when I try to play it.

I just did a quick 4 minute recording to test and it seems to play back fine. I'll record something longer and do some more testing.

@@kaelin

Oh wow. We crossed paths. You may not have been using the updated app. But anyways, I went thru the thing once more on my end knowing from your logs it was transcoding. If you try again Ive made a few changes.

What it looks like is the roku doesnt like something in the transport stream. Either the audio or video codec inside the stream. What does the transcoding log from the server have for that session? Does the livetv show metadata at the detail level screen on your roku for these? The 1080P/H264/AC3 (mp4) stuff at the top of the description. If not, these wont be able to influence the decisions and it will transcode to H264/AAC because it has no idea what codec is there. Only ffmpeg can get the codec when the file it passed to it. Thats why the transcoding log should shed some light on what is going on. Thanks for all the help so far.

You should definitely hear the "coin pickup" sound this time. Very Miyamoto..very memorable

Edited by speechles

@@speechles

I'm still not hearing the coin sound. I tried it with the private channel and the sideloaded zip and neither had the sound.

I would expect these files to be transcoded. The recorded tv files are in the format 1080P/H264/AC3(ts) and reside on my NAS. I recorded an hour show and it seems to be playing back without any issue (transcoded of course).

The live tv streams still won't play back on any max video quality above 8Mbps. There is no metadata on the detail screen for the live streams but I imagine they are the same format as the recorded file but are probably streaming from the HDHomerun tuner. 

Here is the server log. Looking at the first line, I can see that it is coming from the HDHomerun which is transcoding it. I wonder if changing the transcoding on the hdhomerun would have any affect.

EDIT: Changing the transcoding settings on the hdhomerun doesn't seem to help.

Input #0, mpegts, from 'http://192.168.0.176:5004/auto/v22.1?transcode=heavy':
  Duration: N/A, start: 70238.238133, bitrate: N/A
  Program 3 
    Stream #0:0[0x31]: Video: h264 (High) ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p(tv), 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], Closed Captions, 59.94 fps, 59.94 tbr, 90k tbn, 119.88 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x34](eng): Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 384 kb/s
Output #0, hls, to '\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\d91ce58932c9a2b8c776b05ab3781b06.m3u8':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : Lavf57.2.100
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p, 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 59.94 fps, 59.94 tbr, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 128 kb/s
    Metadata:
      encoder         : Lavc57.3.100 aac
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))

Then there are a bunch of lines that read:

[NULL @ 00000000063c4ba0] Packet header is not contained in global extradata, corrupted stream or invalid MP4/AVCC bitstream
Failed to open bitstream filter h264_mp4toannexb for stream 0 with codec copy: Invalid argument
[NULL @ 00000000063c4ba0] Packet header is not contained in global extradata, corrupted stream or invalid MP4/AVCC bitstream
Failed to open bitstream filter h264_mp4toannexb for stream 0 with codec copy: Invalid argument
Followed by:
frame= 8108 fps= 62 q=-1.0 Lsize=N/A time=00:02:15.76 bitrate=N/A    
video:134917kB audio:2115kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown

I did convert a file to h265 though I didn't realize it was only 25fps. The metadata on the detail read 720P/HEVC/AAC(mkv) and the file played back as direct play.

I am converting it to 60fps now but it will be tomorrow before I can test it.

Hope this helps

Edited by kaelin

@@kaelin, indeed that helps. I think I see the problem too. It is copying the h264 at 59.94 fps. The roku cant play above 30 fps in h264. It is h265 on a roku4 only that can go 60 fps. I see a silly typo I made back when I first added support for the roku4. The typo concerned h264 too. Quite a coincidence. So pretty sure this will be the last of the immediate issues ironed out. Updated the links in the first post.

If you still see an issue with this of course shout it out. The "coin pickup" sound you may not hear on a roku4. I load the sound between splash screen and homescreen loads. This is before the audio player is initialized. If it loads so fast it goes right to the audio player initialize then you never get a chance to hear it.

Also, seeing as it cant tell the audio to choose, so we need to. Because your ac3 streams become aac otherwise. You will lose surround with livetv. This may not be acceptable.

fd3e92498a8b3b244ae2119ae3183961.jpg

Now when the codecs cant be detected it can default to ac3. Since the audio cant be detetcted but is ac3 this allows ac3 to direct stream even when unknown. Use this to keep surround in your livetv streams.

New version:

* fix ability to play livetv/programs

* Add unknown audio preference

* when audio is unknown transcode to preference

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

I did a quick test and it works! Thanks! Max video quality set at 50 Mbps and no issues. I did fire up the Roku 3 this morning and heard the "coin pickup". 

I'll test out the audio tonight. I didn't see your note about the unknown audio preference until now so I didn't check it out. I don't really care about surround at the moment. Right now I'm just running my audio through a zvox soundbase. It is more the casual family room TV that just happens to be our main one at the moment. When I get my basement finished, I'll be running my surround system down there but that is my winter project so it will be a while.

My h265 60fps conversion should be done so I'll report back on that tonight also.

Thanks for all of the work you are doing.

@@kaelin Niiiiiccceeee. Glad that is finally sorted. Thanks for sticking with me through the process. Curious as well if h265@60fps introuduces any issues on your roku4. The unknown to ac3/aac is only there to facilitate surround. For some users transcoding not keeping surround is a deal breaker. For them exists that option.

h265 HEVC 60fps autoplay works.

General
Unique ID                                : 321766869984799966757048217351681901433 (0xF2120B8538B1404BE458423D90768379)
Complete name                            : \\video\test_videos\new_video60.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 2
File size                                : 560 MiB
Duration                                 : 44mn 55s
Overall bit rate                         : 1 743 Kbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 
Writing application                      : HandBrake 0.10.2 2015060900
Writing library                          : Lavf55.12.0

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           : Main@L4@Main
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 60.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Writing library                          : x265 1.5:[Windows][GCC 4.9.0][64 bit]
Encoding settings                        : wpp / ctu=32 / tu-intra-depth=1 / tu-inter-depth=1 / me=1 / subme=1 / merange=57 / no-rect / no-amp / max-merge=2 / temporal-mvp / early-skip / no-fast-cbf / rdpenalty=0 / no-tskip / no-tskip-fast / strong-intra-smoothing / no-lossless / no-cu-lossless / no-constrained-intra / fast-intra / open-gop / interlace=0 / keyint=600 / min-keyint=60 / scenecut=40 / rc-lookahead=15 / bframes=4 / bframe-bias=0 / b-adapt=0 / ref=1 / weightp / no-weightb / aq-mode=1 / aq-strength=1.00 / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rd=2 / psy-rd=0.30 / psy-rdoq=0.00 / signhide / lft / sao / no-sao-non-deblock / b-pyramid / no-cutree / rc=crf / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709

Audio #1
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : A_AAC
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Title                                    : Stereo
Default                                  : Yes

Audio #2
ID                                       : 3
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 123 MiB (22%)
Title                                    : Surround
Default                                  : No

56395b185ab47_IMG_20151103_180604433.jpg

56395b2d14a21_IMG_20151103_180631910.jpg

@@kaelin

Thank you for confirm that fact. This makes it even better. Lets see if you like where this is going.

ccb987f888f8c705a137ed1348ccf011.jpg

Next to the "more..." is the word auto.. Why is that there?

5fe89c55547ebfdd8acc8e8574eb9b78.jpg

So that you can change the play method manually. This makes it more like rarflix where you can pick how to play the file.

DirectPlay:

This requires network paths, or path substitution used. Using drive letters wont work here. This forces direct play. It will not transcode.

DirectStream:

This uses http streaming. Using drive letters is fine here. This forces direct play. It will not transcode.

Transcode:

This of course will run the file through ffmpeg and produce the stream. This does not allow direct play. It will only transcode.

Auto:

Lets the system decide what is best and handle everything. This is the option most people should always use.

The play method will reset to "Auto" every time the app starts.

New version:

* Add preference for playback method

* Add capability for supporting preference chosen

This has been a requested feature for awhile. For those people, wish granted. You can enable directplay/directstream for any video even unsupported video. You can use on items are transcoding, when you think they shouldnt. Force directplay or directstream and see. Conversely force transcoding if a video direct plays that shouldnt be. See if you are better than "Auto" and can find it transcoding files it shouldnt be or directplaying/directstreaming any it shouldnt. This should help alleviate fears the intelligence for "Auto-Detection" isnt accurate. Links in first post of this thread have been updated. Remeber to use the force... The force is strong in this one.

Edited by speechles