Want to become a supporter - getting error message @ Paypal

jcarlough

jcarlough

Sorry, I don't know if this is a Paypal issue, or an issue with my account, or an issue with the account I'm trying to send money to.

I've been a lifelong Plex user, just discovered Emby last week and it looks very, very, very interesting. 

I'd like to support to unlock the additional features to see if it will replace my Plex Pass membership.

However, when trying to donate, I get an error message, "Sorry, your last action could not be completed"...right when I log in to pay. Can't select my payment type or anything.

Has anyone else experienced problems when trying to donate? I've used Paypal for years and have multiple monthly subscriptions.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Can I send money to an email address instead?

Sounds like an issue with PayPal.

Try clearing cookies or browsing cache in your browser.

techywarrior

I had problems using Edge recently withdrawing money from Paypal. It was weird because it constantly said there was a SERVER issue when I tried to withdraw with Edge but using another browser worked fine. At first I thought it was coincedence but the same exact thing happened a couple weeks later too!

You didn't mention which browser you were using but maybe try another browser and see if it's a Paypal issue.

jcarlough

Sounds like an issue with PayPal.

Try clearing cookies or browsing cache in your browser.

Could be, and what I am assuming as well...but figured I asked anyways.

Tried multiple browsers, two computers, an ipad, and a windows tablet...all say the same.

Let me ask this, does Emby accept credit card paypal payments or is it "paypal balance" only? That could be the issue....

Yeah, that shouldn't matter at all but you said you didn't even get to the point where you select the payment method anyway.

Googling the error message results in plenty of hits of people having this problem with PayPal and it just looks like a general error on their end.  I would try the procedure below and, if that doesn't work, get in touch with PayPal and have them investigate it.

I get this one too - very often lately. When I do, this is what I do:

1. Logout of Paypal

2. Clear my browser cache and cookies

3. Close my browser

4. Clear the windows cache (google how to do this for your version of windows)

I don't have to reboot. This usually fixes the problem so I can open a brand new browser window and log back into paypal.

jcarlough

Okie dokie. I'll reach out to Paypal then. It makes zero sense why this would occur. I assumed it wasn't an "Emby" issue.

I tried browsers in both windows AND mac environments...

Hopefully they'll (Paypal) get it sorted as I am very much interested in Emby and the extra features. The interface is second-to-none.

Edited by jcarlough

• 5 years later...
HotChic5

Actually I had the same problem. And my only solution was to change from PayPal to softpos which I am currently using. Well, there are no problems at all I would say. So maybe it will be useful for you too?