No choice to resume from time of last watching

efigalaxie
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

efigalaxie

I am new to Emby. I tried Plex, but didn't care for the slow response times there. Does Emby have the capability to resume viewing from a last watched point? It certainly doesn't seem so from the Android app.

efigalaxie

I have stopped a movie and it plays from the beginning when I hit play. No option to resume. Also cannot move forward or backward in the movie.

well that's certainly not normal. does it happen with the same title in other apps such as the web interface?

efigalaxie

I just made sure. When I tried to go forwards or back, it displays hat it is an 'Unseekable Stream'. I know that there is no intrinsic issue with my media because the Brand X solution will do these things. Is it some setting I have wrong in the server? I am using a Poweredge 2950ii with 2 quad-core xeons and 16gb of memory to run that. It is running Server 2008r2.

well that's certainly not normal. does it happen with the same title in other apps such as the web interface?

efigalaxie

Ok, I can narrow this down for you. Some of my movies are done in .m4v... Some of these .m4v files play with full functionality, some have no navigability though they will play.

• Solution
Vidman

Do they have full media info in the movie details page in the web client. ..if details for the video aren't populated you will have to symptoms you describe ...if not try a refresh on the item in the metadata editor

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

efigalaxie

that was it. I re-pulled the metadata, and it was fine......   Much much better prospect than having to feed these files to YAMB/MP4Box. That takes forever when the files are on a consumer grade NAS