image cache issue for extrafanart?

arztonyou

arztonyou

Hello folks,

My main pc is running Isengard with the beta versions of the emby addon and the Titan and AZE skins.  I also have a PI 2 and a FireTV Stick running Helix and the stable versions of the emby addon and the same skins.  I've been having issues with the extrafanart for a while now, but I finally decided to look through some logs to see if I could see what was happening. For some TV shows and movies, I would only see the main fanart image even though I had the extrafanart option enabled.  All these TV shows and movies have extrafanart folders created by the Emby server, but from another thread I realized that these folders aren't used by the Emby addon, rather the images are loaded from the server into the Kodi cache.  In the logs I can see the addon loading in extrafanart, so I looked in the thumbnails folder on a couple of my systems and found that some of the folders contained 10 copies of the same image labelled fanart0 to fanart9 instead of 10 different fanart images.  So it seems to be loading extrafanart correctly, but that it's just the same image over and over again. It's not always the exact same movies and shows either.  A movie might show fanart correctly on the PI 2, but not on the PC, so the cache isn't the same on each client either.

Anybody else experienced anything like this before?  Any suggestions on how to correct this?  I've reset the database multiple times on each client already.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

I have just fixed this issue in the latest beta version of the addon. Please wipe the emby folder from the thumbnails directory and try again.

• Like 1

arztonyou

That seems to have worked for my pc running the beta version of the addon.  Time to upgrade my Pi 2 to the beta version of the addon as well.

Thanks for the help!!!