Kodi Plugin

mprassel

mellomade

I had been keeping an eye on this project, but he doesn't yet have recording working nor does he have the schedules direct integration and advance scheduling. As embytv already has all of this working (very nicely) I would hope it wouldn't be too hard to just implement a kodi pvr service wrapper on top of embytv the same way nextpvr, media portal, etc. do.

I would much prefer kodi hitting a robust TV backend service that handles the guide data, scheduling and similar concerns rather than trying to work directly against the tuner.

SD has not release the DVR API yet - so the recording functions will have to wait until that is released - he is at SD's mercy on that one.  The SD solution does not use Schedules Direct (they use FYI) - so you won't have a choice in providers (at least initially). 

I agree that a Kodi plugin for EmbyTV would be awesome.

• 2 months later...
SkyBehind

I'd also like to see Emby TV for Kodi.  I had everything working with TVHeadend; I had to manually move recordings over though, the autoorganize function didn't work.  I upgraded my server and saw Emby natively handle everything, including autoorganize and move of recordings.  I'm impressed.  Seems like it's about the best backend one could ask for, so simple, little configuration, and works very well.

MSattler

I'd also like to see Emby TV for Kodi.  I had everything working with TVHeadend; I had to manually move recordings over though, the autoorganize function didn't work.  I upgraded my server and saw Emby natively handle everything, including autoorganize and move of recordings.  I'm impressed.  Seems like it's about the best backend one could ask for, so simple, little configuration, and works very well.

It's already there in the Beta client.  If you launch the emby client, in the menu where it lists the option to do a manual scan, etc you will see TV Channels and TV Recordings.  Just create a menu item to point to it.  Live TV, no issues.

-Marcus

mellomade

It's already there in the Beta client.

Well - parts of it are.  You still have no guide view and more importantly the functions built into Kodi for PVR won't work.  Things like setting/editing timers, direct navigation via JSON interface and general interaction with the backend are not possible.

xnappo

Kodi has a pretty well documented way to add LiveTV support - someone who wants it is going to have to dig in to get any more than what is in the DB addon. 

I personally have no use for it as I am on stupid locked-down TWC and can't use OSS for TV - unless SiliconDust comes through with a block box solution for encrypted cable.

Edited by xnappo

• 3 months later...
doug.dimick

It's already there in the Beta client.  If you launch the emby client, in the menu where it lists the option to do a manual scan, etc you will see TV Channels and TV Recordings.  Just create a menu item to point to it.  Live TV, no issues.

-Marcus

Not working on LibreELEC (or OpenELEC):

19:33:03 T:139682517710592  NOTICE: Using Image Cache Thread Count: 0 -> 1
19:33:03 T:139682517710592  NOTICE: plugin.video.emby started
19:33:03 T:139682517710592  NOTICE: Parameter string: ?folderid=root&mode=browsecontent&type=tvchannels
19:33:03 T:139682517710592  NOTICE: Using Image Cache Thread Count: 0 -> 1
19:33:03 T:139682517710592   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decode'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 151, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 93, in __init__
                                                modes[mode]( itemid, params.get('type',[""])[0], params.get('folderid',[""])[0] )
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/entrypoint.py", line 512, in BrowseContent
                                                utils.logMsg("BrowseContent","viewname: %s - type: %s - folderid: %s - filter: %s" %(viewname.decode('utf-8'), type.decode('utf-8'), folderid.decode('utf-8'), filter.decode('utf-8')))
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decode'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:33:03 T:139684243580992   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?folderid=root&mode=browsecontent&type=tvchannels
19:33:03 T:139684243580992   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.emby/?folderid=root&mode=browsecontent&type=tvchannels) failed
19:33:04 T:139682517710592  NOTICE: Using Image Cache Thread Count: 0 -> 1
19:33:04 T:139682517710592  NOTICE: plugin.video.emby started
19:33:04 T:139682517710592  NOTICE: Parameter string: ?content_type=video
19:33:04 T:139682517710592  NOTICE: plugin.video.emby stopped

• 4 months later...
tgessendorfer

Hello,

I have a question regarding Live-TV (Enigma2 Box with 2 Tuners attached to my FreeNAS emby) and transcoding with the Kodi Addon (latest Beta 2.3.1).

I doesn't seem to get the Live-TV to transcode, so it's massively stuttering... The Settings in the Kodi Addon are that the max. quaility is set to 996kb/s and SD.

I also tried to change the settings from within the Addon itself but no change!?

However I used either http and/or SMB but still the Live-TV doesn't get transcoded at all. Can someone share some insights why this is the case?

Angelblue05

You can't adjust the live tv (recording, channels) with the video quality settings. This is preset to only stream copy. Unfortunately, the live tv feature is not supported, and it's not going to be supported by the emby add-on in the future. The current live tv features were added as a small workaround until such emby live tv add-on for Kodi is created, if ever.

tgessendorfer

You can't adjust the live tv (recording, channels) with the video quality settings. This is preset to only stream copy. Unfortunately, the live tv feature is not supported, and it's not going to be supported by the emby add-on in the future. The current live tv features were added as a small workaround until such emby live tv add-on for Kodi is created, if ever.

Thanks for clearing this up...so Live-TV will never be transcoded?