how to correctly fix a wrong TV Show been imported?

infinite.loop

infinite.loop
  • Running latest DevBuild of ME3 - 3.0.5076.20161
  • using WebFrontend

I have a TV Show called "Prime Suspect".

Now sadly there are 2 shows with that name:

1. http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=248905 from 2011
  2. http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=76329 from 1991

The one i have is the show from 2011, sadly Media Browser decided imported the one from 1991. For which I don't blame ME3, how should I know which one I have. :)

So I tried to find "the right way" to fix this.

After searching the forum (where i did not really find that much about this issue - maybe did not use the right search terms) I ended up changing the "TheTVDB" ID from 76329 to 248905, hit save, then "refresh + enabled refresh child items" and now the metadata was correct.

But there is still one issue: The Fanart Images

These did not update.

I first had to manually delete the existing images from the wrong show, and then do the "refresh" again to get the correct ones.

It took me a bit to figure the last one out. So I was wondering if I was doing it "the right way" or if there is a better one.

I am also wondering if ME3 could not replace the fanart right away when I do "refresh + enabled refresh child items" ?

Maybe have an additional checkbox "replace existing data" ?

Another thing that would be nice would be a "search" button next to the "TheTVDB", and have it return all results it finds (i.e. more than one show uses the same name) so I can select the correct one instead of manually searching for the ID on www.thetvdb.com

:)

Edited by infinite.loop

The way you did it is the correct way. Sometimes you can put the year or version in the folder name, like for instance it should be "Prime Suspect (US)". If that doesn't work, then the method you used is what is needed.

As for images not updating. Short of what you did there really isn't a better way. The server won't delete images and I really don't think you would want it to 99% of the time. So unfortunately you have to remove them first and then re-fetch.

• Like 1