No playback with beta add on.

Saner2oo2

Angelblue05

Are you using nfs shares? Let me know, because as I said in the github reply it return the path, is it the correct path? It seems Kodi is unable to locate your file at the location.

13:32:27 5978.656738 T:1738888256  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> logMsg : Can't verify path (assumed NFS). Still try direct play.
13:32:27 5978.661133 T:1738888256  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> logMsg : File is direct playing.
13:32:27 5978.671387 T:1738888256  NOTICE: plugin.video.emby stopped
13:32:27 5978.734863 T:1968082944  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: /media/3TB/Movies/media/usbhd-sdd3/xbmc/Movies/Before I Go to Sleep (2014)/Before I Go to Sleep.mkv
13:32:27 5978.735352 T:1968082944 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
13:32:27 5978.735840 T:1794110528  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
13:32:27 5978.736328 T:1794110528  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
13:32:27 5978.736816 T:1794110528   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [/media/3TB/Movies/media/usbhd-sdd3/xbmc/Movies/Before I Go to Sleep (2014)/Before I Go to Sleep.mkv]
Edited by Angelblue05

Saner2oo2

nope.

Add on is in a Pi2 (openelec) emby server is on an Ubuntu box, all files are local on the Ubuntu box. nfs server is installed on the Ubuntu box, but not in use by these drives.

Edited by Saner2oo2

puithove

So is that path mounted in the OS on the Pi?  Meaning, is the file actually accessible on the Pi through the same path as it's stored on the Ubuntu box:

/media/3TB/Movies/... ?

If not, then that's your issue.  You would need to either mount it there (via NFS mount in fstab), use Path Substitution in Emby server (use nfs://server-ip/path/to/nfs/share) - this would use Kodi's NFS protocol stack, or in the addon enable the option to "Play from HTTP" so that it uses Emby's streaming capability.  Play from HTTP would probably be the easiest.

Edited by puithove

Saner2oo2

Nope the Pi is blank, only connection between the Pi & Server is the emby add on. I reset kodi ( removed /storage/.kodi) started up and installed the addon that was all.

There are no custom mounts in the Pi, no USB sticks etc, only thing connected is a flirc remote thing

/media/3TV/ etc is the local path on the Ubuntu box

Edited by Saner2oo2

xnappo

So you need to either mount it or set up path substitution.   It probably was silently falling back to HTTP in the stable version. 

Saner2oo2

OK so help me out a little.

I dint really want to mount it, if I am going to mount it i may as well just use nfs rather than emby, for what i use it for.

What's involved with path substitution?

i presume there us no way to get it to fall back to http as before

Edited by Saner2oo2

xnappo

Hopefully someone will jump in with an actual NFS example, but like this with ''/media" and "nfs://{ip}/media" instead:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/5354-path-substitution/&do=findComment&comment=134028

You can also go back to using HTTP - go into settings and turn on 'Play from HTTP instead of SMB' - however some things like SRT subs will not work.

Edited by xnappo

puithove

Path substitution is easy.  You can find it in the Library settings on your Emby Server.

I'm using it currently.  In my example below, this basically tells Emby clients to replace any occurrence of /share/media-pub with nfs://<serverIP>/share/media-pub - my NFS export just happens to be /share/media-pub but it could redirect to any other share name if I had set it up differently.

55c4e6b2e2c2e_ScreenShot20150807at10744P

And you can see that I have my Movies and TV Shows paths under /share/media-pub

55c4e715032da_ScreenShot20150807at11204P

Kodi has the ability to connect to NFS shares directly.  So when it's given a path like nfs://... it can use that to connect to the NFS server and stream the media file.  Path substitution is just a way to tell the Emby clients how to translate the local path that the Emby server uses into a remote network file path.

• Like 2

Angelblue05

OK so help me out a little.

I dint really want to mount it, if I am going to mount it i may as well just use nfs rather than emby, for what i use it for.

What's involved with path substitution?

i presume there us no way to get it to fall back to http as before

If you opt for the fallback, you can simply enable play from HTTP in the add-on settings (leave the video quality at default value and it will behave the same it did in stable). That's it.