Can't Edit Album Artist Metadata?

gcoupe
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

gcoupe

I can't seem to get changes to the Album Artist metadata to "Stick". When I edit the field to add another album artist, and press "Save" (in the web-based Metadata Manager), then after a second or two, the field changes back to its original entry. Other fields seem OK - edits will take effect.

What am I doing wrong?

(server 3.0.5675.1)

Edit: it's definitely caused by the fact I'm trying to add multiple Album Artists. I thought that this field was planned to have multiple values?

Edited by gcoupe

gcoupe

As it happens, the machines running Emby clients have all been updated to Windows 10. However, the Emby Server is still running on a Windows Home Server 2011 system. It doesn't matter if I use the web-based Metadata Manager running on a client or directly on the server, I can't add multiple album artists to a track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

i haven't had a chance to look at this yet but in general for audio songs i would suggest editing the song tags directly and then allowing emby to adjust to the changes.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Nazgulled

I'm also having this problem. And the strange thing is that my tags are prefectly fine.

I mean, it's just this one track (track 15) from the [untitled] album of Korn. Album Artist is being recognized as KoЯn although the tag on the .mp3 file is set as Korn. All other tracks of the same album have the proper tag, Korn. And every time I try to fix this metadata field directly on Emby, the change doesn't stick.

I've also noticed something else that I'm not sure it's related... All my .mp3 files have no genres on the genre tag field, none of them. After importing my music library to Emby, this was reflected, my Bands, Albums and Tracks, neither have a genre associated (and this is what I want). But this specific track (the same one as above) has a genre associated, thus the album it belongs too has the genre too, along with the artist (all this in the Emby database, not on the files).

This is really strange because it is only happening to this one track... Any ideas?

Nazgulled

Hi, did you see post #6?

Like I said on my post, the tags on the .mp3 files are correct. For some reason Emby is not reading them right or they are being overridden for some strange reason.

Koleckai Silvestri

Anyone?

Download MusicBrainz Picard and edit the tag in the file directly. Even if it displays correctly there, just edit it. It is the only way that I have found to get Emby (and iTunes) to display music correctly.

Deathsquirrel

Download MusicBrainz Picard and edit the tag in the file directly. Even if it displays correctly there, just edit it. It is the only way that I have found to get Emby (and iTunes) to display music correctly.

I use MP3Tag but same idea. Pop open the album in an editor and copy the tag data from a working song over the same fields in the problem song and save it.  It should clear things up when you next do a scan.

Like I said on my post, the tags on the .mp3 files are correct. For some reason Emby is not reading them right or they are being overridden for some strange reason.

There are different conventions and I believe ffprobe only reads id3. if you want to post a sample file i will tell you what it is able to extract.

Nazgulled

I already did all that :(

I do that for every single .mp3 file I have with MP3Tag. All my files have the same ID3 tags written by me, but only this particular file is not being read correctly. I've already cleared the tags, re-written them and re-imported the album. It didn't work. Which makes me think that the metadata scanners are, for some reason, overwriting this particular file tags (why? I wouldn't know...).

@@Luke

If that was the problem, why only a single file out of 25000 have this problem? Like I just said, I've edited all the files tags by myself with MP3Tag and tried to rewrite the ones on this particular file. The problem persists, it makes no sense that this is happening and the logs don't really show much to be honest.

I can't post a "sample file", I can only post this file I'm having problems since it's the only one giving me trouble. And I'm afraid I can't just post that here due to copyright reasons.