ThemeVideo Backdrops for MediaBrowser Classic - FREE - Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Longrifle

can someone help me use this plugin? I installed it on the server but don't know how to activate it in MB Classic or MB Theatre? I am running chocolate theme in MB Classic.

please help?

radeon,Just one other issue (geez it's all happening) can you check to see if the theme song plugin is downloading the file as hidden as I had a few new ones that wasn't hidden.

Cheers

Yogi

Edited by Yogi

radeon

@@Longrifle

Hey! can you let me know specifically which plugin you are using?

I may have confused things with my posts above yours but this plugin is just for MB Classic to enable the playback of the theme videos.

It does however require you to have theme videos which can be downloaded for you by one of my plugins. Where you have thrown me a little is you mention you have installed it on the server which i assume to mean MBSserver, however, that cant be this plugin as it cannot be installed there.

Basically, you can install one of these three plugins:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1068-tv-theme-videos-plugin/

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2006-movie-theme-videos-plugin/

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1069-tv-theme-music-plugin/

which are "metadata" providers, i.e. they download the themes.

Which can be used by this plugin (the one this thread is all all about) by installing it via the MB Classing Configurator and setting its config options to play theme backdrops.

Or they can be used by MB Theatre which automatically does so.

I hope that helps?

If you're still suck, just post back answering my questions above and im sure we'll get you sorted. :-)

Cheers,

I have it installed on the default theme but the videos only play in a tiny box in the corner of the screen. There is no option to play video backdrops that appears in the above image. How do I get it to cover the whole screen instead of just playing in the corner. If I click in the video then it goes full screen but covers up everything in the background.

Edited by jeffbab

the theme controls that. the default theme happens to put it's now playing view in a box rather than the background. Unfortunately Radeon's plugin can't do anything about that. But most other themes put it in the background.

radeon

@@J e f f @@Yogi @@Starkadius @@Longrifle

Wow, cant we sleep! ;-) haha, It looks like the most part of these issues got sorted. individual responses below.

Cheers,

Could someone fix the download link for the Movie Theme Videos MBS Plugin please

Hey Jeff, Could you tell me where the link is wrong so i can fix it please? Thanks

radeon,Just one other issue (geez it's all happening) can you check to see if the theme song plugin is downloading the file as hidden as I had a few new ones that wasn't hidden.

Cheers
Yogi

I shall double check good sir!

@Longrifle

I have updated my previous post detailing how to set it up in MBC.

Nice one Starkadius! I may have to get that turned into a knowledge base article!

@Starkadius
@@Luke

thank you very much, I have installed and configured and it works great now!!!!

It sounds like you got sorted :-), enjoy! :-D

Edited by radeon
  • Like 2

CBers

Nice one Starkadius! I may have to get that turned into a knowledge base article!

I can do that for you if you want.

Which post is it?

• Like 1

CBers

I can do that for you if you want.

Which post is it?

OK, created a Setup Guide here.

Let me know if it's OK, or needs updating.

• Like 1

DGMayor

Small issue when playing audio themes - No standard backdrop.jpg/png displays until the song stops or is stopped.  This issue doesn't occur with Crystal/Roc.

radeon

OK, created a Setup Guide here.

Let me know if it's OK, or needs updating.

Nice one dude!

There is a point that ebr made in reference to Chocolate, but I think that his post sums it up nicely so it wont hurt being there.

I will have a few things to add regarding the configurator settings soon. I just have some of my alternate life things to sort out at the minute with the first baby on the way early next year! Dun Dun Dooomed! haha

Thanks again bud!

radeon

Small issue when playing audio themes - No standard backdrop.jpg/png displays until the song stops or is stopped.  This issue doesn't occur with Crystal/Roc.

@@DGMayor

Can you try this for me please?

If you have ROC/Crystal installed, uninstall this plugin, then enable the option of theme playback in ROC/Crystal, then try the playback of a theme song in something like subdued/chocolate.

I suspect you will see the same behavior of a black screen.

Let me know what the outcome is.

Cheers,

DGMayor

@@DGMayor

Can you try this for me please?

If you have ROC/Crystal installed, uninstall this plugin, then enable the option of theme playback in ROC/Crystal, then try the playback of a theme song in something like subdued/chocolate.

I suspect you will see the same behavior of a black screen.

Let me know what the outcome is.

Cheers,

I'm doing that already using Throgsoft themes.  Background is there for audio only.   With yours it's a black screen.

radeon

I'm doing that already using Throgsoft themes.  Background is there for audio only.   With yours it's a black screen.

@@DGMayor, which theme in particular? Or all of throgs? Can you also try subdued and chocolate please?

Cheers

Cheesegeezer

Guys, Radeon is looking into this as i'm too busy with work commitments.

You will have an update soon :)

• Like 1

mentasm

Quick question.

Have the theme vid plugin working fine and am using Chocolate.

When I enter a movie folder and the theme vid plays, the focus moves to the now playing icon in the top right corner.  This means I have to press down and left a few times to get to the play icon.  Is there a way to stop this and just have it default to the play icon like it does on a movie that has no theme video?

Other than that, great job on the plugin.  Only other comment I have is it would be nice to be able to control the volume of the theme videos globally and be able to set it separately from the main media play volume.  I find having the themes play at the volume I normally watch at a bit distracting.  I'd like to have them at about 50-75% of whatever the current media play volume is. 

DGMayor

@@DGMayor, which theme in particular? Or all of throgs? Can you also try subdued and chocolate please?

Cheers

Soooo...looks like you fixed it :) 

Cheesegeezer

Quick question.

Have the theme vid plugin working fine and am using Chocolate.

When I enter a movie folder and the theme vid plays, the focus moves to the now playing icon in the top right corner.  This means I have to press down and left a few times to get to the play icon.  Is there a way to stop this and just have it default to the play icon like it does on a movie that has no theme video?

Other than that, great job on the plugin.  Only other comment I have is it would be nice to be able to control the volume of the theme videos globally and be able to set it separately from the main media play volume.  I find having the themes play at the volume I normally watch at a bit distracting.  I'd like to have them at about 50-75% of whatever the current media play volume is. 

@@mentasm That behaviour you are seeing in Chocolate is how the theme was written to respond to a Now Playing condition.  

I'm not sure if @@ebr would want to change this now, but that is upto him as the owner of Chocolate Theme.

Thanks

Soooo...looks like you fixed it :)

@@DGMayor And I haven't even uploaded a new version...... That's what I call magic!!

If you can tell me the steps you went thru it would be appreciated.

Cheese

Edited by Cheesegeezer

DGMayor

@@mentasm That behaviour you are seeing in Chocolate is how the theme was written to respond to a Now Playing condition.  

I'm not sure if @@ebr would want to change this now, but that is upto him as the owner of Chocolate Theme.

Thanks

@@DGMayor And I haven't even uploaded a new version...... That's what I call magic!!

If you can tell me the steps you went thru it would be appreciated.

Cheese

Um...very good question lol.  Originally I downloaded the plugin and configured it for Theme Backdrop, removed Crystal and loaded up MBC which I have set to Destiny with various views..  Went into a show I knew was audio only (Bob's Burgers) and it played but with a black screen.  I then exited, removed the plugin, went back to Crystal and back into MBC and audio played with the background for Bob's Burgers.   

Today, on request from Radeon, I removed Crystal, reinstalled ThemeVideo Backdrops and loaded MBC.  I went into my son's profile first since he runs Chocolate because Radeon requested I try it in Chocolate or Subdued. Went to a show he had that I knew was audio only and it played with the backdrop.  So I went back into my profile with Destiny, went to Bob's burgers and it worked with the backdrop.  Exited and went into mine about 4 times and it always worked.  I just assumed in the last two days since I first encountered the issue, an update was done...

Magic!