ThemeVideo Backdrops for MediaBrowser Classic - FREE - Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Nope still happens even after uninstallling both. I even cleaned out all the config files and left overs in the MBC directory after removing Roc and Crystal.

Starkadius

@@Yogi can you test something for me. I know you said you deleted all leftovers/configs files but just to verify something for me can you go into the "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Backup" and delete ThemeVideoBackdrops.dll then try the configuration.

Cheesegeezer

@@Yogi & @@Starkadius

Ok thanks for confirming, I just wanted to check.

Ah, hang on, you guys tested this in its early days? didn't you.  Can you go into your plugin configurations folder and delete the ThemeVideo Backrops.xml

Try that and let me know

Starkadius

@@Yogi & @@Starkadius

Ok thanks for confirming, I just wanted to check.

Ah, hang on, you guys tested this in its early days? didn't you.  Can you go into your plugin configurations folder and delete the ThemeVideo Backrops.xml

Try that and let me know

Yeah we were the ones testing it. Deleting the .xml still makes the error occur but I think I may be on to something.

When deleting the ThemeVideoBackdrops.dll file from "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Backup" the crashing stops for me but I just need Yogi to test this to confirm it.

• Like 1

radeon

@Yogi & @Starkadius

Guys, this seems to be a general MBC bug, we have found we get the same issue with other plugins that have backups too.

If its not too much trouble, can you

1. install game browser,
  2. take a copy of its dll and paste it into the backup dir,
  3. close down and reopen the configurator
  4. try and configure Game Browser

We can get the same crash doing the above.

Cheers,

Edited by radeon

@@radeon,

I just installed game browser and I don't even have to put the dll in the backup folder,it is just crashing when I click on configure.

Happens on both machines.

Edited by Yogi

Cheesegeezer

@@Yogi

@@Starkadius

OK, so i've just tried the same method with CoverSS and all is fine with that.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

@Yogi

@Starkadius

We're working on it, in the mean time, just ensure you have no backup ThemeVideoBackdrops.dll in your backup folder and all will be good while we work to fix this issue.

Thanks for your patience

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

@Yogi

@Starkadius

We're working on it, in the mean time, just ensure you have no backup ThemeVideoBackdrops.dll in your backup folder and all will be good while we work to fix this issue.

Thanks for your patience

Done that and working,at least the theme videos are.

Still there is no theme songs playing as reported earlier. But don't bust your guts on this as I know you guys are figuring out the crashing first.

radeon

@Yogi  where abouts are your audio themes placed and what are they called? Are they just downloaded with my MBS plugin?

And when you say they don't play, is this with items that don't have any theme videos in place too?

As currently designed, the theme vids will always take priority over the audios.

Cheers,

leedavies

Interesting I just tested it and it is doing it again. I was able to catch it in the MBC configurator log, it appears all the way at the end of it.

I am not using Roc or Crystal.

Although that would fix your problem!  LOL

Longrifle

@@Yogi

hi thanks for the reply, yes I meant MB Server and yes I installed the plug in there... look at my screen capture.

52968790e0545_Screenshot20131127at35658P

how do I activated through MB Classic?

@Yogi  where abouts are your audio themes placed and what are they called? Are they just downloaded with my MBS plugin?

And when you say they don't play, is this with items that don't have any theme videos in place too?

As currently designed, the theme vids will always take priority over the audios.

Cheers,

@@radeon All audio is placed at the series level in a directory titled theme-music

I think most of them was downloaded with the plugin but I know i added some manually using the same naming convention

All don't play even when there is no theme vid.

Starkadius

@@Longrifle

Run Media Browser Classic Configurator located "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser\Configurator.exe"

52968a83e7ed3_1127201340654PM.png

After installation has completed, click the 'ThemeVideo Backdrops' plugin and then 'Configure'

1_zps685b7605.png

In Backdrop sources select 'Theme backdrops'

2_zps0a3ad9bd.png

Launch MediaBrowser Classic and go to settings

3_zpsfbecc939.png

Click on 'Config'

4_zps6d973c65.png

Finally for the theme you are using (in this case Chocolate) go to 'Chocolate General' and make sure 'Show video Backdrop' is checked. Then click continue and restart MBC for changes to take effect.
5_zps5448a135.png

Edited by Starkadius
  • Like 2

Longrifle
@

thanks, so I have two install in two places... MB Server and MB Classic as plugins, after that will it just work or do I need to do anything further?

what about MB Theatre?

thank you.

radeon

@@radeon All audio is placed at the series level in a directory titled theme-music

I think most of them was downloaded with the plugin but I know i added some manually using the same naming convention

All don't play even when there is no theme vid.

Ah, we only currently support theme.mp3 in the route of your media, that's how my plugin downloads them so its supported by other platforms like plex i believe was the reason at the time.

Im sure we can work in support for the other convention. Leave it with us. Will just be in a later release. :-)

radeon

@@radeon

No that's cool mate,I only have a few anyway,I can move all these out into the respective place.

I presume it still needs to be a hidden file.

Yup, that's right, hidden so other metadata apps etc don't pick up on them. If you don't have other metadata managers then I don't actually think it matters. We'll make the change tho. :-D

• Like 1