ThemeVideo Backdrops for MediaBrowser Classic - FREE - Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Cheesegeezer

Ok chaps, so we've done some work this morning to refine the behavior and I have tested it on the following themes

Subdued

Chocolate

Neo

Rush

& another one ;)

The expected behavior is working properly now.  

@@radeon will be releasing this at Dev level, so to install it ensure that you have your plugin level set to DEV in the MBC configurator.

Thanks for your patience and we would appreciate any feedback you have.

We will also add expected behavior descriptions to both this post, and the Plugin Description post.

Many Thanks

Cheese!

• Like 1

Starkadius

Is it the 1.0.0.1 version? Just tested that one and still receiving the same results. I did discover something though. My TV collection is filtered/indexed by Genre. If I set the indexing/filtering to NONE then it seems to behave as intended (stopping when moving left/right, exiting item). Hm so i think the issue is related to indexing/filtering.

leedavies

This is the playback mechanism for MBC.  The server-side plugins actually get the themes and this plays them back.  It is the same as the functionality in Roc and Crystal and will likely conflict with it.

Always good for folks to have choice.  You're right if someone had the "enable in all themes" option enabled in ROC or Crystal, then downloading this free plugin would end up with 2 plugins playing video backdrops and theme music.  But then, that user wouldn't download this free plugin, as it does nothing new for them.

Well done on a great plugin though guys.

radeon

Is it the 1.0.0.1 version? Just tested that one and still receiving the same results. I did discover something though. My TV collection is filtered/indexed by Genre. If I set the indexing/filtering to NONE then it seems to behave as intended (stopping when moving left/right, exiting item). Hm so i think the issue is related to indexing/filtering.

Ah nice find! I shall have a look!

Edit, and yeah, 1001

Edited by radeon

radeon

Always good for folks to have choice.  You're right if someone had the "enable in all themes" option enabled in ROC or Crystal, then downloading this free plugin would end up with 2 plugins playing video backdrops and theme music.  But then, that user wouldn't download this free plugin, as it does nothing new for them.

Nothing to do with choice, just something free for the community so they don't have to buy your theme if they don't plan on using it for anything but the theme videos and audio.

I had a lot of people asking for this as they didn't want to buy your theme just for functionality they used to get for free and we felt they were right and should continue to get for free.

'Genius' don't you think?

leedavies

Nothing to do with choice, just something free for the community so they don't have to buy your theme if they don't plan on using it for anything but the theme videos and audio.

I had a lot of people asking for this as they didn't want to buy your theme just for functionality they used to get for free and we felt they were right and should continue to get for free.

'Genius' don't you think?

Absolutely, it's always good to have choice.  I totally support you guys.

Since the stand-alone plug-in now exists, I think you should at least remove the "enable in all themes" option from your theme as it is no longer necessary and can cause issues for people.

• Like 2

Hmmm.... looks like that new Chocolate CoverFlow view is going to need an underlay on the text for this situation...

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

underlay underlay a riba a riba

You going all mexican on us now ebr? :lol:

• Like 2

simono5

@@radeon, I'm really struggling to get this working in MBC and I've tested with no success on default and chocolate themes.  No backdrops will play (works fine in MBT).

I've purchased Movie/TV Videos and TV Theme Songs.

Any ideas?  Really lost where to start.

radeon

@@simono5 no problem, firstly, have you configured it to use theme backdrops in the config options for the plugin under the mb-classic configurator? :-D

Edited by radeon
  • Like 1

simono5

@@simono5 no problem, firstly, have you configured it to use theme backdrops in the config options for the plugin under the mb-classic configurator? :-D

Thank you....I had backdrop sources set to Local trailers.....I assumed this was correct.  :unsure:

Changing it to Theme backdrops and we're all working now.   :)

Is there anywhere that explains the different backdrop sources options?  Or could you tell me what Local Trailers are?

radeon

Thank you....I had backdrop sources set to Local trailers.....I assumed this was correct.  :unsure:

Changing it to Theme backdrops and we're all working now.   :)

Is there anywhere that explains the different backdrop sources options?  Or could you tell me what Local Trailers are?

Lovely Jubely!

Local trailer are very much what it says on the tin. They are simply trailers for your movies stored against your collection. So you can browse your collection and instead of having the theme vids playing, you have a trailer play instead, that does however require you to have local trailers for your collections.

There are various ways to get trailers in your collection, one way being through the trailers plugin in the catalog. That will download trailers where available to your collections and enable you to use the feature.

The other options are simply combinations of trailers and backdrops. :-)

Cheers

• Like 1

The combo is the best option I found.  It plays the theme video backdrop, if that doesn't exist then it plays the local trailer in the background instead.

Edited by DigiTM

Running Server Version 3.0.5076.20161 and MBC 3.0.96.0

A couple of issues with version 1.0.0.2

When entering the config menu to choose either trailer or backdrop the MB config is crashing. Config log and error log below

Config log

Error log

#2. Also the plugin is no longer playing the theme songs.Still working in MBT but not in Classic. Videos still work fine.

Tried this on 2 machines,one running Windows 7 and the other running 8.1

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

Starkadius

When enetering the config menu to choose either trailer or backdrop the MB config is crashing. Config log and error log below

Config log

Error log

#2. Also the plugin is no longer playing the theme songs.Still working in MBT but not in Classic. Videos still work fine.

This has been happening to me as well, uninstalling the plug-in and reinstalling seems to fix it but after the plug-in receives an update it occurs again.

Cheesegeezer

When enetering the config menu to choose either trailer or backdrop the MB config is crashing. Config log and error log below

Config log

Error log

This has been happening to me as well, uninstalling the plug-in and reinstalling seems to fix it but after the plug-in receives an update it occurs again.

Thanks Guys - I'll take a look at this this morning, if I get time

Yogi - Just to let you know this is an MBC only plugin, MBT handles all this kind of stuff itself.

EDIT - I have just tried it myself and it's working fine.  This is gonna be tricky trying to fix something that already works for me.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

radeon

@@Yogi you lost me a little when you say uninstalling then reinstalling the plugin fixes it, but after the plugin receives an update, it breaks it. Just because uninstalling and reinstalling should only put you on the latest version. So you shoildnt get an update afterwards? Any ideas?

Starkadius

I believe that question is for me. What I meant was when we were troubleshooting the previous issue from a few days ago I went from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.1 and at the time I experienced what Yogi described, it would crash at the configurator but if I uninstalled the plugin and installed 1.0.0.1 again it would work. Later the 1.0.0.2 plugin was released and I updated it. Again it would crash at the configuration screen so I had to uninstall, reinstall the plugin and it would work. This happened TWICE and I did not report this since I was able to get it work and because I figured it was just a development only issue.

Edited by Starkadius

radeon

I believe that question is for me. What I meant was when we were troubleshooting the previous issue from a few days ago I went from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.1 and at the time I experienced what Yogi described, it would crash at the configurator but if I uninstalled the plugin and installed 1.0.0.1 again it would work. Later the 1.0.0.2 plugin was released and I updated it. Again it would crash at the configuration screen so I had to uninstall, reinstall the plugin and it would work. This happened TWICE and I did not report this since I was able to get it work and because I figured it was just a development only issue.

Ah sorry Starkadius! You're right! We're looking into this now. Well, I'm driving, @@Cheesegeezer is all over it! Ill be back to look in half an hour! :-D

Starkadius

Interesting I just tested it and it is doing it again. I was able to catch it in the MBC configurator log, it appears all the way at the end of it.

Cheesegeezer

Config log

Error log

So after looking at your log....

after Crystal and ROC are initialized, the error occurs with Themevideos.

Can you guys do me a favour and uninstall Crystal and ROC and see if that fixes it.

Cheers

Thanks Guys - I'll take a look at this this morning, if I get time

Yogi - Just to let you know this is an MBC only plugin, MBT handles all this kind of stuff itself.

EDIT - I have just tried it myself and it's working fine.  This is gonna be tricky trying to fix something that already works for me.

Yes Cheese I know it is an MBC only plugin,where do you think I installed it from. :P :P  :P  :P