ThemeVideo Backdrops for MediaBrowser Classic - FREE - Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

if radeon is too busy, i will take a look after Xenon has hit release status and I can take a breather from it.   

I'll need to check the logic of allowing a theme music to play, i think the problem maybe to do with where we allow the file to be placed.... if it's in the Album, I think we have allowed it to play "whatever.mp3".  To erradicate this issue we may have to force users to use a new structure similar to the Theme Videos plugin where the folder is called themesongs and is hidden and this is where Radeon's plugin may have to download to, just so it doesn't get confused with actually albums/song types.

It was designed purely for Movies and TV so there was never an issue with there being other music in there.  The other way we could do it is to check the Folder.CollectionType and if it = albumArtist or Song then we simply ignore any mp3's, or other audio extensions or set it to specifically only work with Games, TV & Movies.

Sorry batting ideas around incase my partner in crime should read this. ;)

Yo @@Cheesegeezer, Theme songs can go in a folder called theme-music already and its detected by MBS. However, I was told that the theme.mp3 in the route of the folder was supported by other systems, dunno which, plex or xmbc?. I was just doing as I was recommended at the time of writing the theme music downloaders, so I wouldn't want to move the location.

Couldn't we just stop theme playback for music anyway? It seems a little pointless to me,  just an oversight when we wrote it.

Edited by radeon
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Yo @@Cheesegeezer, Theme songs can go in a folder called theme-music already and its detected by MBS. However, I was told that the theme.mp3 in the route of the folder was supported by other systems, dunno which, plex or xmbc?. I was just doing as I was recommended at the time of writing the theme music downloaders, so I wouldn't want to move the location.

Couldn't we just stop theme playback for music anyway? It seems a little pointless to me,  just an oversight when we wrote it.

of course bro!!!! we just select when the play of the theme songs is valid... if it's an album or song or some other thing thats related to music we just make it so it's taboo! i'm just waiting for feedback and then i can hop on this if your busy (i know you're always busy these days).  Take care.

• Like 1

buddyweiser

Make sure it still works for games, I plan on implementing this feature soon :P

• 3 weeks later...
buddyweiser

@@radeon I've been playing around with the theme songs feature, and I seem to have some laggy performance. When I first enter into an item that has a theme song, the details show, and then the theme song starts, and at that point it's as if the remote is frozen, and I cannot backout, move the cursor, or select anything, until about 5 seconds after the theme song starts. I don't have this issue with theme videos.

Also @@Cheesegeezer, when using theme songs in Xenon, the backdrops just display black. Is this by design to improve performance? Anyway, if so, it would be a nice option to have to enable rotating backdrops with theme music. I verified that Chocolate DOES show the backdrops during theme song playback.

ausvette

I have 3 PCs Windows 7 running mpc client and ROC theme. Latest versions of everything.

On all 3 PCs videobackdrops was working fine. with latest server update and latest version of ROC now it doesn't work at all.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the plugin on the mpc client. I also checked the configurator that it was actually set to play themes and that the themes are still actually there. All seems fine and yet they don't play at all on any of the 3 pcs. They're all using mpc-hc as a media player.

I also tried the chcolate theme, but video backdrops didn't work for me on that theme either.

Any thoughts on things to check?

buddyweiser

Do you have the actual theme backdrop plug in installed? Roc no longer supports this as there has been a plug-in developed for all themes.

Sent using my Optimus L90

ausvette

Do you have the actual theme backdrop plug in installed? Roc no longer supports this as there has been a plug-in developed for all themes.

Sent using my Optimus L90

I did. I've deleted it and reinstalled it for the second time and its now working again.

radeon

@@radeon I've been playing around with the theme songs feature, and I seem to have some laggy performance. When I first enter into an item that has a theme song, the details show, and then the theme song starts, and at that point it's as if the remote is frozen, and I cannot backout, move the cursor, or select anything, until about 5 seconds after the theme song starts. I don't have this issue with theme videos.

Also @@Cheesegeezer, when using theme songs in Xenon, the backdrops just display black. Is this by design to improve performance? Anyway, if so, it would be a nice option to have to enable rotating backdrops with theme music. I verified that Chocolate DOES show the backdrops during theme song playback.

@@buddyweiser

Sorry mate, i seemed to miss this one. I have just been playing around with this and i dont get any lag at all. Everything in terms of the playback is pretty much the same as theme videos, if anything, i would think theme vids would put more strain on things.

Do you get it on all themes?

Is any one else seeing this issue?

Is the media on a nas/remote machine or on the local host?

buddyweiser

@@buddyweiser

Sorry mate, i seemed to miss this one. I have just been playing around with this and i dont get any lag at all. Everything in terms of the playback is pretty much the same as theme videos, if anything, i would think theme vids would put more strain on things.

Do you get it on all themes?

Is any one else seeing this issue?

Is the media on a nas/remote machine or on the local host?

I actually don't have the theme songs plugin downloaded. I downloaded a couple theme songs for console games to test it out. Maybe there is a difference in bitrate of the theme songs I have. I'll download the server plugin and give it a go to see if I have the same behavior.

Edit: My media is all on my main pc(3*3tb hdd's, 240gb ssd OS, server and mbc/mbt all on same system)

Edited by buddyweiser

buddyweiser

@@radeon, just downloaded the movie songs server plugin and gave it a go with american pie 2. Same behavior I described previously. I tested in chocolate. A note here, in xenon, when you click on an item, it shows the details screen at the same time song playback begins, and freezes movement. In chocolate, when you click on an item, movement freezes at the same time song playback starts, then after the freeze, the details screen displays. I have now been able to reproduce this with multiple songs downloaded from the movie songs plugin.

Edit: I have just verified, and I don't see this behavior in MBT. Not sure if that helps or not...

Edited by buddyweiser

buddyweiser

I fixed this issue by uninstalling the plugin from MBC, and deleting the xml file in C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Configurations, then reinstalling. I had previously uninstalled/reinstalled but without deleting the xml file. Thanks to @@Cheesegeezer for helping me through this!

If anyone else experiences freezing behavior upon theme song playback, simply uninstall and delete the xml and then reinstall!

radeon

I can't see how that would fix the issue at all?

Edit: that said, can you give me your old config file so i can look at it cause i really dont think thats the cause/fix if deleted?

Edited by radeon

buddyweiser

@@radeon, I think I might have something. In the MBC configurator, when I change "Play Count" to anything other than 1, I experience this behavior. Change it back to 1, and there is no freezing behavior. Can you reproduce this issue with that information?

radeon

@@radeon, I think I might have something. In the MBC configurator, when I change "Play Count" to anything other than 1, I experience this behavior. Change it back to 1, and there is no freezing behavior. Can you reproduce this issue with that information?

Ahh! now that would make more sense! :-D Right, im out at the min put ill have a look later tonight when i head home! I think that sounds like you've found it tho!

• 9 months later...
BATTLE DONKEY

How can I install this plugin now that the MBC Configurator no longer has a plugins tab?

This plugin is now built into MBClassic and you no longer need to install it seperatly. For any other plugins and themes they can be installed from within the config menu by clicking the cog/gear in the upper right corner and scrolling over to the plugin section

Cheesegeezer

Topic is now locked as plugin is no longer relevant.