External player no launching?

Pirlo1966
Go to solution Solved by Pirlo1966,

Pirlo1966

I Istalled emby server on my synology NAS DS1815+. Library (>1500 HD movies, >1.200 HD episodes and >20.000 MP3's) took ages to build. All seems fine now.
However,  I use Emby for WMC with MPC-HC as external player. That worked fine with emby server installed on the same client.

With emby server installed on my NAS MPC-HC is no longer launched. The internal mediacenter player is used with the emby custom layer. Playback is very choppy. I have the impression that media is transcoded instead of streamed to my client for decoding.

How do I make sure that there is no transcoding done on my NAS and how to make sure MPC-HC is launched instead of the internal player?

thanks!

Edited by ehgeahrev

Gernash

I had this issue myself, if you use the WMC Native player then you need to make sure it plays all your files normally.( I did a reload and forgot you need to setup codecs for 64bit media foundation used sharkies pack but it's full of malware.)

If your using MPC-HC then I use CCCP installer.

Make sure Path substitution is set correctly if needed.

To test codecs just play the file you are having difficulty with directly in either of the 2 apps and see if it can decode it.

Pirlo1966

Gernash, tx for replying. I'm pretty sure it is not a codec thing. I still have a local server on that particular HTPC. When I connect Emby for WMC to that local server instead of the Emby server running on my NAS, MPC-HC is launched and playback is not choppy at all.

That's why I suspect there is transcoding on the server instead of just streaming for local decoding on the client.

• Solution
Pirlo1966

Solved. PAth substitution should not be \\My server\... but \My server\....