-----Movie 2.mkv

- Collection XYZ

-----Movie X

-----------Movie X.mkv

-----Movie Y

-----------Movie Y.mkv

-----Movie Z

-----------Movie Z.mkv

In Emby Metadata Manager, under the Grou Movies, I see Movie 1, 2 and the Collection Folder XYZ. When I perform a full refresh of Movies HD, all movies are refreshed except the Movies in the Collection subfolder. So have to go through all the collection folders to refresh them manually... 

Is it possible to implement a Level-2-Scan or recursive scanning instead of the actual scanning of just one level down? I think it really would make sense to go one level deeper as many people use such subfolders for Collections (eg. Harry Potter, Hellboy, The Godfather, ) or Numbering (A, B, C...)

Edited by shorty1483

Vidman

There are already a few solutions available for your issue depending on how fussy you are about keeping your existing file structure

shorty1483

There are already a few solutions available for your issue depending on how fussy you are about keeping your existing file structure

I already gave up my ABC folder structure just for Emby :D

Could you point me to a solution, used the search but did not findy anything useful for me. Thanks!

when you refresh from the metadata manger it is recursive. i think the issue is just that it doesn't display progress so you're not able to follow it, which can lead you to think it's not working.

shorty1483

when you refresh from the metadata manger it is recursive. i think the issue is just that it doesn't display progress so you're not able to follow it, which can lead you to think it's not working.

When I refresh from the highest level (I know it take a long time), all gets refreshed except Movies on 2nd Level. I will provide a log when I need to refresh next time. 

Vidman

Well to be honest I have no experience with any of these because I just follow the suggested emby file structure, but you could try the deprecated collections tag [boxset] in the collections folders name or you could set the root folder as mixed content and set each collection folder as a movie folder

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

You're going to need to make one of two changes to your folder structure.

The preferred option is to lose all the collection folders and just have the movies in a flatter structure that's all like this:

Movies HD

-Movie 1 (Year)

--Movie 1 (Year).mkv

-Movie 2 (Year)

--Movie 2 (Year).mkv

-Collection Movie 1 (Year)

--Collection Movie 1 (Year).mkv

-CollectionMovie 2 (Year)

--CollectionMovie 2 (Year).mkv

The alternative, and this won't work fully with all client apps, is to add the [boxset] label to your collection folders like this:

Movies HD

-Movie 1 (Year)

--Movie 1 (Year).mkv

-Movie 2 (Year)

--Movie 2 (Year).mkv

-Movie Collection Name [boxset]

--Collection Movie 1 (Year)

---Collection Movie 1 (Year).mkv

--CollectionMovie 2 (Year)

---CollectionMovie 2 (Year).mkv

• Like 1

shorty1483

You're going to need to make one of two changes to your folder structure.

The preferred option is to lose all the collection folders and just have the movies in a flatter structure that's all like this:

Movies HD

-Movie 1 (Year)

--Movie 1 (Year).mkv

-Movie 2 (Year)

--Movie 2 (Year).mkv

-Collection Movie 1 (Year)

--Collection Movie 1 (Year).mkv

-CollectionMovie 2 (Year)

--CollectionMovie 2 (Year).mkv

The alternative, and this won't work fully with all client apps, is to add the [boxset] label to your collection folders like this:

Movies HD

-Movie 1 (Year)

--Movie 1 (Year).mkv

-Movie 2 (Year)

--Movie 2 (Year).mkv

-Movie Collection Name [boxset]

--Collection Movie 1 (Year)

---Collection Movie 1 (Year).mkv

--CollectionMovie 2 (Year)

---CollectionMovie 2 (Year).mkv

I think I will put my files out of the folders like in yours and Wiki example. Since Emby's collection Plugin does all the work.

• Like 2

Deathsquirrel

I think I will put my files out of the folders like in yours and Wiki example. Since Emby's collection Plugin does all the work.

MOST of the work.  There are some pretty obvious collections that don't exist on the tmdb data set.  Oddly some have existed, more than once, but get deleted.  I get about 100 collections automatically and have to make about a dozen by hand as a reference.

shorty1483

MOST of the work. There are some pretty obvious collections that don't exist on the tmdb data set. Oddly some have existed, more than once, but get deleted. I get about 100 collections automatically and have to make about a dozen by hand as a reference.

Same here, additionally I have some problems with Cover art plugin. But that's another story [emoji35]

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Koleckai Silvestri

I used the [boxset] system for a while but it seems that Emby is moving away from that structure and wants the movies in a flatter system. As such, I flattened my directory structure about a year ago and things have worked much better. If you're going to move things around, telling Emby to store the Metadata with the media is the best bet. You don't need to rescan that later. It will just read the local metadata.

I did have to rebuild most of my Boxset Collections by hand. A couple of times due to changes in the server. The Auto Boxset plugin is nice but not perfect.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri
  • Like 1

shorty1483

I used the [boxset] system for a while but it seems that Emby is moving away from that structure and wants the movies in a flatter system. As such, I flattened my directory structure about a year ago and things have worked much better. If you're going to move things around, telling Emby to store the Metadata with the media is the best bet. You don't need to rescan that later. It will just read the local metadata.

I did have to rebuild most of my Boxset Collections by hand. A couple of times due to changes in the server. The Auto Boxset plugin is nice but not perfect.

Rescanning library with option to save everything in folders atm after flattering all Collection folders.

Seems that now it's time to grab 5-30 coffees. [emoji16]

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk