1.1.18 on windows 10 kodi isengard Bit streaming

ramrod215
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

ramrod215

Hey,

I upgraded to windows 10 (RIP WMC). So I installed kodi to link to emby to play my movies etc.. I am having trouble setting it up to bit stream. I am presented when I click play to use HTTP as only option so I click it. Everything worked with intro/trailer then movie. I clicked the audio and saw the bit stream toggle I clicked it and still no bit streaming. I went into kodi options and set it to 5.1 still no luck. I also have shark codecs installed and WMP is bit streaming correctly (DTS). I will keep playing with it tonight but wondering if someone know how to set it up. I'm not new to emby but new to kodi

Angelblue05

It is probably related to network sharing changes with Windows 10. Are you able to access the share via file explorer? For now, you can just direct stream. No need to change the bit rate, just have the setting play from http enabled in settings and you should get the same result as if it was Direct playing. 

Edited by Angelblue05

ramrod215

Everything is good I can access all my files and even Dolby gets bit streamed but it seems DTS doesn't just pushs PCM 2.0 to my receiver. I checked shark everything's good there also I also direct played in media player the same file and its passing though the DTS. I can't get KODI to pass on DTS

Vidman

In kodi audio settings you have set pass through settings so kodi knows your receiver can handle DTS right?

Also kodi does not require or use installed codec packs

Edited by Vidman

ramrod215

While the video is playing I click the audio icon and a popbox comes up and I clicked enable passthough audio stream shows DTS 5.1. Clicking on the receiver single shows PCM 2/0/--- sampling 48kHZ. Dolby 5.1 works thou

Kodi system setting are direct sound HDMI. Should I click the WASAPI one?

Edited by ramrod215

• Solution
Vidman

no no not the now playing audio settings, the main kodi settings, go through the settings menu under I think system/audio scroll down to allow pass through and there are check boxes for dts and DD, you must enable the "receiver can handle dts " option

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 3

ramrod215

Thank you I just found it had to change it from standard to advanced then it gave me the option to allow DTS also