No media on PC web client. Works fine on mobile web client. access token is expired or invalid

Jvtm

Hello all. 

I've been using Emby for years now and I thought I had seen it all. :) 

I am currently running server version Version 3.0.5675.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2. 

I have found that i get really uneven performance on the web client across various devices. For example (please see images attached) On both a windows 8 and a Windows 10 PC (all on the same network) I get music displayed on the albums page only. When I go over to artist or album artist I see nothing displayed when using a web browser on a PC. The loading circle indicator spins for a bit then i just get a black screen. Additionally, i cannot see any of my movies or tv when browsing from a PC.

Oddly, web client works just fine on iOS running Chrome. I can navigate to the shared network folder on the server from both PCs and play the music directly, but on the web browser client can only play music that shows up under Albums. SO I can see and play music on the Albums view on a PC, but not in artists on a PC. I can also not watch movies on a PC.

Everything works fine on the mobile device web browser.

A quick look through the log shows an error reading that an access token is expired or invalid but I do not know what this means.

Any thoughts on what is going are greatly appreciated.

thanks Emby team!

post-2361-0-21401100-1438363979_thumb.jpg

post-2361-0-44314100-1438363980_thumb.jpg

post-2361-0-35622100-1438363981_thumb.png

post-2361-0-48097000-1438363983_thumb.png

post-2361-0-21247000-1438363984_thumb.jpg

server-63573933583.txt

can you enable debug logging under advanced and then repeat the test? thanks.

Ok @@Luke, problem solved. It had to do with the way I had the network adapters on the server set up. Long story short, I had adapter one as a virtual switch for a VM. I changed the virtual switch to the other adapter and it works as it should now. I can offer more details of you are interested. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn...spoke too soon. Disabled one network adapter. Gathering information and I'll get back to you @@Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there @@Luke.

I'm stumped. The problem persists. Let me run through what I have done since my last post. I will attach a compressed version of my latest log file (it was huge uncompressed- i let it run through everything I will describe below).

Sys specs: Single Xeon 4 core at 3.1ghz

32 gigs of ecc ram

OS on mirrored raid 7200rpm drives

Windows Server 2012 r2

Teamed NICs with a fixed IP address

MEDIA: Music resides on this host. Movies and TV are on a networked WIn8 PC and I can navigate to the shared folders where these are from the server. the drives that have the movies and tv are not mapped on the server. I just have Emby server pointed to the network location. 

Previously I had Emby running on the admin account which i know is not Best Practices. This was the set up when I first reported the problem. SInce then I tried to uninstall Emby server but the unistall hung and it did not report being finished. I tried it again but the unistaller did not run again and I could not see the emby server program under installed programs.

I made a new user on my server which is not an admin but just a standard user. I moved my music collection to that user's music folder and made sure that this folder was accesible from other clients on my network through windows explorer. I was able to browse and play music through this method. 

I reinstalled Emby server in this new standard user on the server, added the media locations and ran a library scan. This scan took a long time. A lot longer than it used to run with previous versions of Emby. 

This morning I navigated to the server from my iphone using Chrome and I was able to use everything normally. i was able to watch movies, and to browse my music via the album, album artist and artist views. All is normal there.

On my PC I could navigate movies and TV but could only browse music through the album view. Trying to browse the artist views gave me a spinning circle then nothing. No browsing via the artists view on my PC. 

If I search an artist I get results and am able to listen to these files. So if I use the search I get artist results which I can play....I just do not see anything if trying to browse via the artists tab. 

I am really stumped here...please let me know what you think might be going on and I will run any other tests you think might be informative. I really want to get this to work. 

thanks for all of your help.

JVTM

server-63574243200.zip

it looks like it's still going through the initial scan which may be causing some performance issues until it finishes

Hey @@Luke

When I tried this morning (and when I sent the log) it had indicated that the scan was done and had been completed several hours ago. It was definitely not doing a library scan. 

I also noticed that if I run a scan and then try to cancel the scan, it will hang. The config page says STOPPING under library scan and if I leave it for hours it will never remove the STOPPING indicator. I would need to reboot the server.

If you dont mind me asking (and learning a bit), what makes you think it is still doing the initial scan? How would that be related to being able to view the library from a mobile device and not a PC? I dont mean to be a pest but frankly, I'd like to be able to learn more about how to troubleshoot.

Also, I want it to work :) 

Thanks again, 

JVTM

I forgot to ask this last time...I am trying to understand this error which I see in the logs:

2015-08-04 13:54:58.3794 Error - HttpAsyncTaskHandler: Error occured while Processing Request: Access token is invalid or expired.
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5675.1
Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Access token is invalid or expired.
MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.SecurityException
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken(IServiceRequest request, String token)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.Authenticate(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthenticatedAttribute.RequestFilter(IRequest request, IResponse response, Object requestDto)
  at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFiltersSingle(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
  at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
  at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)

Could you (or anyone else) offer some insight as to what this error is trying to tell me?

thanks!

JVTM

Ok, some progress...i got rid of the above error by uninstalling theme music plugins...now getting another error but I think i know how to fix it. I'll be back later with an update

no progress. I was getting an error saying that the file name or location was too long. I moved my music collection to shorter file path and no longer got that error.

However I keep getting the invalid token error. No idea what that means and I still cannot browse my music by artists on a PC.

Help?

thanks.

JVTM.

server-63574295414.txt

OK i really have no idea what is going on now...

This morning I connected to my Emby server from the web interface and lo and behold! I was able to browse my music by artists and all was right with the world!!! everything was working correctly and all that, I was happy. 

then I noticed that my ISP was having issues and that my internet connection was down. I spent a few minutes troubleshooting that which meant restarting my router. Internet connection came back but guess what went away? Yup, I can no longer browse my music by artists on my PC. I can still however do so on my iphone, both using chrome. 

All clients on my network have fixed IP addresses so when the router came back online every client had the exact same address as before. 

I am really stumped here. @@Luke    ...... do you have any suggestions? Should I post in another forum? Any feedback would be appreciated. 

latest log files attached. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Desktop.zip

Edited by Jvtm

wtf....now it works...literally nothing changed since my last attempt....alright...I need to know what is happenening...more to come.