Smart-Views and Suggestions

lalu000

lalu000

first, I have looked for this for some time and have not been able to find an answer.

Now then, I am a Plex user and have been since 2010.  I like the latest Emby build and am running it alongside to get a feel for it and see if I want to switch over.  I became a supporter to ensure I got the full functionality.  However, I seem to be having a tough time on the web interface.  I saw some posts online about users creating "smart views" which allowed them to have filtered views built and setup so they were always readily available without having to do it every time and I could not seem to find any documentation on it or see any option in the server or client interface to set it up.  Is this possible or could it be a custom code they ran to create it?

The other problem is the suggestions view.  I see people talking about movies or series being suggested by the server based on what they have watched.  My suggestions tab however only shows any resumable item and latest items added.  I do not get any option of "because you watched..." or based on genre or anything like that.  Is there a special feature or third party add-on that enables this function?

This is where I am stuck now and these features seemed amazing and what drew me to Emby.  Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks in advance.

** I deleted all the files and reinstalled the server and went to the dev build.  I noticed after the reinstall that suggestions was working and presenting different options, however, as soon as I restarted the server, they all went away and now again just shows the latest media.

Edited by lalu000

matt_ttam123

Maybe try delete the accounts and make new ones, though it could also be a combination of the following things.

• Not enough media to suggest other movies like it.
  • Not enough content watched to suggest other content (try liking / disliking some stuff)
  • Emby could still be scanning your sources and gathering metadata which would mean that categories may not have finished yet which would result in no recommendations.

With a library of about 200 movies I get a few suggestions.

f714101933.jpg

lalu000

Thanks matt,

I'm currently rebuilding the server and will try to see once it's completed.  The lack of media or content is not an issue, I've got plenty of both.  I'll see how it behaves once the scanner is complete and if it still doesn't work I'll try a new account and see how that works.

matt_ttam123

Thanks matt,

I'm currently rebuilding the server and will try to see once it's completed.  The lack of media or content is not an issue, I've got plenty of both.  I'll see how it behaves once the scanner is complete and if it still doesn't work I'll try a new account and see how that works.

Yeah the initial scan takes some time, so let it run its course, though I think your probably like me and just want to use it straight away, if you keep the metadata in the same folders as media it shouldn't take as long if you reinstall or move your data to a different device. Also suggestions dont work on tv shows it only movies.

the suggestions are actually coming from the trailer channel plugin. sorry, we'll find a way to make that more clear, or just embed the plugin within the server.