Does web client support iOS 5.1.1 Safari (iPad)? Or known issues?

qb3

Just installed emby server on Windows 7 and am having trouble using web client from iPad2 iOS 5.1.1 Safari browser. Searched this forum but only issues I've seen are having different issues with playback or interface. My browser loads the web/index.html but gives only a blank screen. When I turn on browser's debug console, I get a JavaScript ScriptError: Parse error on line 490 web/bower_components/webcomponentsjs/webcomponents-lite.js?v=3.0.5675.1

Also four other "log" messages but I assume the error is more of an issue.

Just wondering if this is a known/common problem for this setup or if there's something wrong with my install and/or configuration. Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned so it might be just me. Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

i wouldn't be surprised as i just haven't been able to test that. are you not able to update to ios7 or 8? what if you install chrome?

FrostByte

Could that be related to the Samsung TV problem a few of us reported?  It uses Safari also and all I get is a blank screen after loading too.  Sounds like the same thing anyway.  I'm not sure which release it start with because I normally use the app.  Probably been a couple months since I last tried it when it loaded fine in the TV browser.  My Samsung is a 2013 F series btw

I didn't really want to upgrade the new iOS since it came out and am also using iOS 5 on an iPad 1, which doesn't support it. I will try to install Chrome and see of that does the trick.

@FrostByte: Did you mean that it worked fine on your Samsung TV only a couple months ago and only recently stopped working? And was there any way of resolving it on the Samsung TV?

Thank you both for the responses.

FrostByte

@qb3:  Correct, it has worked on the Samsung TV using the built in Safari web app in the past.  I just noticed it doesn't anymore a short time ago when someone in the Samsung area mentioned it no longer worked for them.  There is a Emby app for Samsung so I just never use the web app on my TV (plus it's a pain with the tv remote)  As of now I still see the same thing you are seeing.

Just wanted to report back with my situation for this thread. Was able to install chrome for iOS but an older version (29.0.1547.11) which Apple claims to be latest to support my iOS version 5.1.1. Still getting just a blank screen from the web client page. Will try to install an older version of Emby server next, when I get the chance. Seems worth the try from FrostByte's comments. Thanks.

Yea I didn't expect success with Chrome since its' technically safari with a different skin, but I figured it was worth a try. i know why this is happening. I will just have to figure out what the fix is going to be. 

• Like 1