NextPVR black screen in Windows 10

DigiTM

DigiTM

Just did a fresh install of Windows 10.  Installed NextPVR and it detected my Leadtek USB Dual Dongle and scanned the channels ok.  Problem is it just shows a black screen when viewing TV, this happens also in the NextPVR app.  It says MPEG2 decoder as blank.  Looks like Microsoft has also removed MPEG2 decoding :(
Wondering how I could fix this?

but having said that, you really should get it working in the next pvr app first because you can't really expect the emby plugin to function without that.

DigiTM

Cheers Luke.  Might go to NextPVR forums and ask there as well.  It's prob some codec I have to install.

Black screen no picture and cant get it to work on server

I can't help you on the Emby side of things, but if it's not working in NextPVR itself, zip and post up your c:\users\public\npvr\logs directory and I'll take a look.

• 2 weeks later...
mattheww

I too have the same problem, have reistalled win 10 twice now, Next pvr works fine, its installed in emby with tuners and guides showing up. Tv plays in the next pvr app.

Once on live tv in emby it will not bring up anything.

I have installed lav filters with default settings and added lav filter as decoder for mpeg in next pvr.

Please tell me what im missing as it is a fairly critical part to complete the emby ecosystem.

REgards

Matthew

jasonmcroy

I had the same issue with NextPVR. I had to install LAV filters and then select those on the Configuration page for Decoders in NextPVR. There are missing codecs in Windows 10 for the Live TV stream.

• 2 years later...
riverboat2001

Sorry to revive an old topic. Could someone guide me to a trusty site to download and install the LAV filters. Be grateful for the help to get past the black screen in Emby

riverboat2001

Hi, is this for next pvr?

Hi, yes. I managed to download the Lav filters from the Doom9 website (think that was the name) All installed and working fine

I will be recording soaps and general shows that will be watched and then deleted, they will often be transcoded to be served by AndroidTV running the Emby app.

They are sent via homeplugs so would h.264 or mpeg2 be the better option if Nextpvr gives me the choice in the channel lineup?

Picture doesn't have to be fantastic, but best for streaming. 

Thanks very much?

Well the source is probably mpeg2, if there's two options it just means next pvr might have some kind of conversion feature. I really don't know a whole lot about that, although I would recommend feeding the original stream into emby.

• Like 1