downgrading

coudy

Hi, @@Luke

is there a way how to downgrade emby server on debian ?

I have tried purge emby-server, installed previous version from apt/archive, but It looks like, emby si automatically updated to latest version over Internet. I see my package version emby-server_3.0.5667.6_all.deb, but when I look at web, I see Version 3.0.5675.1.

I want to downgrade, because I have problem with streaming external subtitles over DLNA after upgrade. According to latest posts I'm not the only one. Post #56, #57, #58 http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17224-dlna-profile-for-lg-webos-tv/page-3

Thank You

you can build from source using a previous tagged release. we can also just try to get it solved. the server has an lg progile but includes no subtitle profiles, which means they'll get burned in.

you can build from source using a previous tagged release. we can also just try to get it solved. the server has an lg progile but includes no subtitle profiles, which means they'll get burned in.

I'm using LG WebOS+ profile from previous link, and there is subtitle profile:

<SubtitleProfiles>
    <SubtitleProfile format="srt" method="External" didlMode="" />
    <SubtitleProfile format="vtt" method="External" didlMode="" />
    <SubtitleProfile format="xsub" method="Embed" didlMode="" />
  </SubtitleProfiles>

Anyway, I have tried to remove this profile and restart emby, to see if subtitles will be burned. No, they are not

Tomorrow I'll try to compile previous version from source, and post results.

i'm not sure about why they're not getting burnt in, that will need to be looked in to. it could be related.

but with the profile above, if the video has embedded xsub, and if it's being direct played, then nothing further will be done with the subtitles and it's up to the tv to display them.